What's new

ATT Windsor Pro - First Use

If the base plate wasn't just a boring flat block, I'd be tempted to give this a spin. This razor is in desperate need of a notch on the base plate, like RazoRock did with its GameChangers!

The fact that the W.P. Is made in China bothers me some but wow what a wonderful shaver. I buy razors to shave with and this one delivers big time and for a very good price.

What blade did you use? I have Windsor but not a Windsor Pro. I get very good results when I use Astra blades. I have used everything from Feather to Wilkinson Sword to Derbys. Milder blades are best on my face. In my experience the shave of my Windsor is noticeably influenced by blade selection. I also have a SE1 (ATT single edge ravor) I get the best shaves when the SE1 is paired with a Schick Proglide. Anyway, glad to hear of your good results.

What blade did you use? I have Windsor but not a Windsor Pro. I get very good results when I use Astra blades. I have used everything from Feather to Wilkinson Sword to Derbys. Milder blades are best on my face. In my experience the shave of my Windsor is noticeably influenced by blade selection. I also have a SE1 (ATT single edge ravor) I get the best shaves when the SE1 is paired with a Schick Proglide. Anyway, glad to hear of your good results.

I found the exact same thing with the Pro. I get the most comfortable shave with a German Wilkinson Sword. It’s one of the only razors where this blade works for me. I usually use an Astra SP or SS or a Vokshod in my other razors.

I agree, everyone likes photos. I don't have a Windsor Pro but here is a photo I found on Pintrest.

1601645449989.png

I have never heard of a Schick Proglide blade. Is this a AC blade and if so where do you get tehm?

YAY
Received my package from ATT today:

- Windsor Pro aluminium
- Windsor Pro SS
- Windsor Atlas original with H plate

I'm going to use the aluminium tomorrow morning as I've not yet used a high end aluminium razor.

All three are just gorgeous! I mean, WOW!!

How did it go?

I've used both the SS and AL Windsor Pro razors. I'll post a full review in coming days but initial impressions:

Both razors are beautiful! Perfect design, finishing and quality.

The SS is heavy but we'll balanced. Feels great in the hand.

I got a great, close shave with no irritating. It's not quite as smooth as a Karve but not harsh or rough in any way.

The AL is so light that I had to apply some pressure just to get it cutting.

My tough beard was not allowing the razor to move freely but with some pressure, it got going. The shave was efficient and surprisingly so as I wasn't expecting that.
Not as close as the SS though, but that's expected I suppose.

On the site ATT H1 is 0.91 Blade Gap and the blade exposure is 2mm.
SB90 (Windsor Pro) is 0.90 Blade Gap but which is the blade exposure?

Had anyone had a chance to compare the ATT Classic R, Windsor R and Windsor Pro R plate (or it's counterpart)?
I have the Classic R, and while it's a highly efficient razor, I couldn't call it a "Medium" aggressive. It's definitely on the Aggressive side for me.
I had a friend lend me a Windor R, and I liked it a lot more than the Classic. Same efficiency and end result, but a lot more smoother and less blade feel. Maybe the Classic is more efficient on first WTG pass but in the end they're very close in results.

I'm interested how the Windsor Pro compares.

I have used all three. The Classic R has a 2mm blade exposure which allows a tiny amount of flex in the blade. This results in the razor providing exceptional audio feedback which helps in maintaining proper blade angle while shaving. On my face it provides an efficient shave. With the Windsor the blade exposure was reduced to 1mm. This resulted in a more ridged blade and a smother shave. Lastly, the Windsor Pro has a 1mm blade exposure and a very slight reduction in blade gap as well. In addition, the under side of the cap in bead blasted which improves the grip on the blade. Also, the fit, finish and machining tolerances are even better and tighter than previous models which saying something. On my face the Windsor is smother than the Classic R plate. The above noted improvements the Windsor Pro allows for a much smoother milder feeling shave than the other two while still delivering a very efficient result.
Clearly, a lot of work has gone into improving, refining and evoling this razor. On my face the Windsor Pro is clearly the best shaver to date from ATT.

Top Bottom