What's new

ATT Windsor Pro - First Use

I received my ATT Windsor Pro in the mail today. Fit and finish are beautiful and it is a nice, polished luxury razor. This is the first ATT razor that I've used.

The shave was very smooth - in fact so smooth that I didn't think it was getting very close. Except it was. After my first pass I noticed a weeper up near my sideburn. This is an area that nearly all of my other razors miss.

I was kind of rushing and thought I could get away with it because the shave was SO smooth. At the end of the shave I ended up with an easy BBS and a lot of irritation under my neck because I had mistaken a smooth comfortable shave for being able to shave with wild abandon with it.

I really like this razor and am very impressed by its performance.

As for the made in China part - I'm conflicted. Yes - I would prefer completely made in USA. Hands down.

Then I start thinking what is the difference between a quality luxury razor made at a cheaper price point in China that supports a US artisan razor maker versus a very cheaply made razor that is made in the USA that used to be synonymous with artisan craftmanship but now appears to be priced way above the quality of its construction?

My second shave with the Windsor Pro was as good as the first without most of the irritation. I've been using an Astra SP which is my go to for new razors. This time I took my time and focused more.

One thing I didn't realize about the design of this razor is that while the bottom of the plate is polished, the top of the plate (SB) is bead blasted to maintain tolerances and to grip / pull your skin more for a smooth and comfortable shave. It seems to be a highly effective design.

It's so smooth and comfortable that I'm tempted to add a little pressure even though it's not a light razor. Adding pressure is definitely a mistake for me.

When I noticed the bead blasting under the cap I had the same question. Matt explained it to me as well. Also, noticed the vents on the base plate have reverted to traditional slots vs the round ports design.

I have to say, when I used a Windsor Pro it was like it was an entirely new experience. It was that good on my face.
That's my 0.02 worth.

Really interesting, I wonder, as someone who might buy it
How aggressive is it? I usually prefer razors with more "medium" kind of, so? isn't it like the old H version and too much?

made in China kills it for me particularly since it used to be made here in the US. Sorry and I don't me to rain on your parade.

How aggressive is it? I usually prefer razors with more "medium" kind of, so? isn't it like the old H version and too much?

I haven't used other ATT plates / razors to compare it to, but I can say that I'm still surprised by how efficient it is compared to how smooth it is. It's so subjective, but taking into account the CG Lvl2, Timeless .95 SB, BB OC and SB - this is probably the only one of the bunch I would label deceptively smooth.

I would rule definitely rule out mild, but have a hard time pinning it down after that.

It feels very mild but leaves behind a bbs face.

I haven't used other ATT plates / razors to compare it to, but I can say that I'm still surprised by how efficient it is compared to how smooth it is. It's so subjective, but taking into account the CG Lvl2, Timeless .95 SB, BB OC and SB - this is probably the only one of the bunch I would label deceptively smooth.

I would rule definitely rule out mild, but have a hard time pinning it down after that.
I have the timeless .95, I really love that razor! how will you compare it? do you think the ATT is even better?
I mean, even more efficient ?

I have the timeless .95, I really love that razor! how will you compare it? do you think the ATT is even better?
I mean, even more efficient ?

As a qualifier, it wasn't love at first use for me with Timeless and I prefer the SS over the Ti. I find the Windsor Pro to be smoother and as efficient as the Timeless .95 SB. BBS lasts about the same 10 - 12 hours for me with both razors.

The R plate as my daily driver. The original ATT H is to aggressive for me. The Windsor Pro I used I assumed was an R plate based on the shave. To my surprise it was a H plate and was smother than my R plate. I was impressed.

Have an original Copper Windsor made in the US, and it's one of the best finished, best fitted, nicest shaving razors I've used. Sorry as well to hear of tthe offshore production, but business is business these days, and sounds like quality hasn't lapsed.

Looks like I will have to try the Pro. I have the ATT m2/M1 combo and I love. I will be getting my Wolfman in the next couple of weeks so I will have to explore that first. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom