What's new

ATT users - what blades do you use?

I have the beautiful ATT 7 pc set. Two caps, two handles and 3 base plates (M,R,H). I'm using Feathers in all my other razors with no problem, including an ATT S2.

Can't get through a shave with the M, let alone the other two without cutting myself somehow. By now technique is pretty good. I'm guessing it must be that the blade selection for this set is wrong. What do other folks use? Any suggestions?

JR

If your issues are on an ATG pass, it's more than likely due to lack of rigidity not the blade!

A simple test would be to shim the M plate one time, it should help stiffen the cutting blade up. If your issues are less or go away then rigidity is your problem. One member found success using Kai blades, they seem to be more rigid than other blades. Try not to cut too much off the shim, the wider the better!

IMAG0079_1.jpg

Prewar Tech + one Shim =...

ATG problem - I'm flummoxed!

Tried GSB and promptly switched to a Perma Sharp. Problem solved.

I think the Astra's a good call as the "safe bet" option.

I also had good luck with a PolSilver Super Iridium.

I'm on the M plate.

Thank you Gentlemen. It usually happens on the WTG. I'll give a different blade a try, as well as the shim. Good excuse for more blades. Perhaps the longer handle would be better as that's what I'm used to. The Rockwell is about 4" and the slant is the Colossus, also 4".

Top Bottom