What's new

ATT Stainless for $99.00

Great sale, especially if your in the market for SS or AL razor. I don't need one, so are there any other sales out there? Thanks in advance.

I hope this doesn't bode ill for ATT...

Hard to know. There does have to be some price sensitivity for those who aren't in the limited-run artisan razor business. The various Razorock GCs are $55-$65. What's the value proposition of paying more than that from anyone else?

Just for some clarification I checked with ATT for confirmation.
Only the Windsor Pro in stainless or aluminum is made in China.
All other ATT razors are made in the USA. This includes the Classic line, the Windsor and the single edge razors SE1 & SE2 in either stainless or aluminum. I hope this clears up some questions by some that all ATT razors were being made off shore. This is just not the case.
However, off shore production has made it possible to offer ATT razors at a lower price point. This move has made it possiable for more customers to experience the fine quality razors Above the Tie is known for.

Just for some clarification I checked with ATT for confirmation.
Only the Windsor Pro in stainless or aluminum is made in China.

It's funny, I actually bought the Pro after seeing this thread when I was still lurking, THEN I saw that post just as I got it and promptly sent it back for a refund, not doing Chinese stuff no matter how well put together it supposedly is. Sprung for a Blackland Dart instead.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
It's funny, I actually bought the Pro after seeing this thread when I was still lurking, THEN I saw that post just as I got it and promptly sent it back for a refund, not doing Chinese stuff no matter how well put together it supposedly is. Sprung for a Blackland Dart instead.
They really need to disclose that on the product page. I would have done the same thing. Up until reading this thread I thought all their stuff was made in US.

I'd send it packing too. I don't buy from their willingly, only when I have no other choice.

They took a lot of heat in the comment section. Introducing the Windsor Pro - https://www.abovethetie.com/blogs/news/introducing-the-windsor-pro

It's like, the Razorock Game Changer is what 60 or so bucks and it even has "Made in Canada" stamped onto it, so unless they're outright lying about that fact, then it's possible to have a quality product made in friggin North America in that price range, NO excuse for ATT to go Chinese, especially for a hundred bucks.

If the rest of the lines - regular Windsor, classic, SE are made in the US - why aren't they promoting this on the website? I'm sure they'd get more business if they did.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
If the rest of the lines - regular Windsor, classic, SE are made in the US - why aren't they promoting this on the website? I'm sure they'd get more business if they did.
If they manufacture some here, some there, some somewhere else, that should be called out on each products description page. I read through the comments. Interesting to say the least. I would say they knew this would be a negative as they lead with "overseas" not actually where overseas. Switzerland, Germany, and England are "overseas" as well.

If they needed more margin they could charge more or reduce costs, but sometimes the manner in which one reduces costs can negatively impact demand. I think many of us that own a modern machined razor do so partly because of where it's made. That is certainly the case for me. I think ATT may have underestimated that drive.

People are smart enough to see through "Designed in California".

Top Bottom