What's new

Att se1

Well this is disheartening. I hadn't even shaved with the razor before sending the cap off for a replacement. The cap definitely needs to fit tighter to the back wall. As it is, the cap has some wiggle room while sitting down on the base plate and the torque of tightening the handle causes the cap to go to one end of the wiggle. It can be overcome by pushing back against the right side as seen in the photo but you risk pushing back against the blade as well. This simply should not be an issue in a $185 razor but it most definitely is an issue and needs to be fixed.

Agreed. Yep that's how I can 'force' it to be aligned by pushing back more on that right side.
It could be that the screw holes placement in the baseplate needs to be corrected a little. If it was a tiny bit closer to the back of the baseplate the top cap would sit flush against that little wall removing any movement issues.

Agreed. Yep that's how I can 'force' it to be aligned by pushing back more on that right side.
It could be that the screw holes placement in the baseplate needs to be corrected a little. If it was a tiny bit closer to the back of the baseplate the top cap would sit flush against that little wall removing any movement issues.

Yeah, that sounds like it might work.

I received the replacement cap from Stan. Don't know what he did but it seems much better than the original. There is now only a slight tendency for the cap to rotate and can be overcome easily with a well placed thumb. I'm happy now. Had my first shave with it also. Very close and smooth. Only one small weeper early on as I learned how to handle it.

I received mine today and some kai blades its my first venture into the single edge world .Top cap is fitting fine workman ship is top class I also own a att m2 but so far im only one shave in and loveing the single edge.Thinking of selling some razors off and just keeping the att s1.stuart.

I received mine today and some kai blades its my first venture into the single edge world .Top cap is fitting fine workman ship is top class I also own a att m2 but so far im only one shave in and loveing the single edge.Thinking of selling some razors off and just keeping the att s1.stuart.
I have the S1/2 and the SE1/2, and after a while I find that I use just the SE1 most of the time. Smooth and efficient, and even though the other options work well, I find that the SE1 *just works*.

Today I bought the SE1 and SE2 plates and cap. Seemed like a great choice as I have all stainless baseplates other than the R2. I love ATT razors.

Can't wait to get these.

I was very close to getting the Asylum RX but the ATT SE's won out in my mind. I think I have the best of everything I could want in an SE. From mild to aggressive with blade changes. We'll see soon as they arrive. Unfortunately it will take about 3 weeks but soon as they get it, I'll put them to good use.

Top Bottom