What's new

Att se1

I was thinking the same thing. The SE1 is not quite as close as using the same blade with my feather artist club, but it's better than any other DE and within striking of a straight/shavette with less fuss and danger.

I think if you try the ATT SE with a Feather Super Pro you find it is as good as a straight razor.

[MENTION=64064]Dngolden[/MENTION] - no worries. It is a closer shave with a Super, but the difference is not as great as between say a Gillette OT and an R41! Get a few from Tryablade...

Is this blade alignment supposed to be like this? Doesn't look right to me. 1) There are gaps between the cap, blade, and base plate and 2) the blade curves at both ends. Please advise if I am doing something wrong.

I tried to shave with it but switched to my DE after a 2 swipes.

$2016-08-20 12.49.31.jpg$2016-08-20 12.49.54.jpg$2016-08-20 12.55.10.jpg$2016-08-20 12.55.18.jpg$2016-08-20 12.56.11.jpg

I had the same problem. The blade has to rest flat at the cap.
A replacement cap sent to me after a nice chat with Stan solved the problem. Great great customer service!

I'm having the same issue. Top cap and base don't screw closed correctly with a blade inserted and the blade curves at the ends. It seems like the blade isn't fitting down on the posts on the top cap like it should.

How does the ATT se1 compare in aggressiveness to the B3 Mongoose stainless version?
the B3 stainless is milder. I use the AC Supers with it, and with the ATT I use the Pros. This doesn't mean that it is harsher - it gives a smoother shave (for me at least) and is more effective. Didn't try the ATT with the Supers, since the Pros work well for me. I'll be parting with my mongoose in the near future.

How does the ATT se1 compare in aggressiveness to the B3 Mongoose stainless version?

In terms of aggressiveness I'd say that they are pretty close. What complicates things is that the SE1 is noticeably smoother, leading some to say that it is less aggressive.

I had a B3 Mongoose and liked it, but it seemed to me that everything the Mongoose could do, the SE1 could do a bit more elegantly and with more finesse. The Feather Pro worked well for me in both razors.

I ended up selling the Mongoose.

--Bob

I think the AT SE1 is the the smoothest modern SE razor made. As Bob said above, it shaves so elegantly. You can change the way it feels by changing the type of blade you use. Above The Tie did a great job with this razor as always. I put an Atlas handle on mine and it is so nimble and easy to move around my face. Great razor.

$ATT-blades.jpg

Just got mine today and I have the same play in the top cap you describe when tightening it, regardless if I do it upside down or not. This resulted at first in the blade being slightly crooked relative to the top cap. I had to fiddle with it to get it straight. I don't have this issue with my less expensive Alumigoose. I hope it's not an issue down the line. Will shave with it tomorrow.

Not read the rest of this thread yet but I've just searched for this problem as I've just had to send back 2 SE1 heads with precisely what you explain here.

its definitely an issue. I'm surprised as i know the quality of ATT with my awesome M1. The store I purchased from here in the UK say that they've had quite a few returned due to this issue and will be sending them back to ATT. I hope this can be rectified as I still want one.

As jonoc9997 and I both noted, while the blade itself sits tight on the top cap, when I go to assemble the razor (whether upside down or not), if I don't adjust the top cap towards the end, the top cap sits at a slight angle relative to the remainder of the razor and the blade doesn't line up evenly with the guard. Like jonoc9997, I had to adjust the top cap several times to get it to sit right so I could shave with it. I find it hard to believe we are the only two with this issue/problem. I am quite familiar with 3 piece razors and usually assembling them upside down works very well, but not with the ATT SE-1 for some reason.

Just to clarify, I am not saying the blade itself moves on the posts--it sits fine on them. I am saying that the top cap starts to rotate and not sit straight in alignment when I tighten down the assembly. Looking down on a birds eye view of the razor, the blade ends up crooked relative to the base plate and guard, with the right side of the blade overhanging too much and the left side too little.

Yep this exactly the issue I had with both heads I tried.

I think if you try the ATT SE with a Feather Super Pro you find it is as good as a straight razor.

Funny you should mention that; I was just wondering about these various AC blades in the ATT SE1. I used mine for the first time this morning and started with a Kai Captain Titan Mild blade. Extremely comfortable and a very close shave. But I was thinking I could go more aggressive. I also have some Feather Professional and Feather Professional Super blades (same as Feather Super Pro?). Is the progression among those three Kai Mild, then Feather Pro, then Feather Pro Super?

Top Bottom