What's new

Att se1

See an email that my order has been shipped, looking forward to my first SE. Its also my first ATT razor.

Just curious for those that have ordered the SE1, do you have other ATT razors? i will be interested to hear thoughts on other handles with SE head and bamboo handle with DE heads.

Just curious for those that have ordered the SE1, do you have other ATT razors? i will be interested to hear thoughts on other handles with SE head and bamboo handle with DE heads.
Holding back on the SE1 for now. I own a few ATT razors, I am curious to read folks' experience with the new SE1...:001_cool:

Mine is order #1593 so I might have a bit of a wait.

I do have another ATT razor, the S1 (slant, safety-bar). I have both the Atlas and Chronos handles. I intend to try all them all with the SE1 head once it arrives and will be happy to post my thoughts on this thread. It was the stellar quality of the S1 that made me chose the SE1 over the Mongoose.

Mine is order #1593 so I might have a bit of a wait.

I do have another ATT razor, the S1 (slant, safety-bar). I have both the Atlas and Chronos handles. I intend to try all them all with the SE1 head once it arrives and will be happy to post my thoughts on this thread. It was the stellar quality of the S1 that made me chose the SE1 over the Mongoose.

Please do post your thoughts. The slant was my next target.....

Package arrived today. Nice surprise as usps said Monday delivery.
Not a huge issue but off the bat I'll say packaging could use an improvement. The handle was not secure and looks to have moved around a bit during shipping. This is probably because the inner cut outs are for DE razors.
More to follow when I use it.

I have a few other ATT de heads but only their Colossus handle. I'm looking forward to the bamboo handle. It looks good and I believe the grooves will line up with my grip.

It does fit nice in my hand. Also a big thanks to Stan for a quick reply to my email. Probably using either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Great customer service goes a long way!

$se1_1.jpg

Tomorrow morning will be interesting. :thumbup1:

It came packed in the DE box. While I would rather have it now in a DE box than later, a razor this nice deserves its own box.

--Bob

View attachment 663751

Tomorrow morning will be interesting. :thumbup1:

It came packed in the DE box. While I would rather have it now in a DE box than later, a razor this nice deserves its own box.

--Bob

Congrats on getting yours today also. I agree rather have it now than have it pending a fancy box. I really don't care about the packaging outside of its function to get the item to me without any issues. I'll keep packaging only to include in any possible resale down the line regardless of how remote that may be.

And yes, Sunday will be an interesting morning, already have my products selected. As this is my first SE razor I am going with a soap and brush I have 110% confidence in.

Last edited:
My order is #1536 and it looks like I have to wait much longer, since even #1385 hasn't been shipped yet.

Looking forward for the review, especially from one who have never used any SE before
(reviews from TSE on youtube were stellar, but he is an expert).
I recall my switch to Cobra few years ago after had used only Merkur Futur for couple of years before it,
and I didn't experience any difficulties or long learning curve,
it clicked literally from the first shave, even unusual Cobra handle wasn't a problem.

First shave this morning with 1.5 days growth. I normally shave daily, except for weekends where I skip that night and go to a morning routine.
Soap: MdC fougere
Brush: Simpsim M7 manchurian
Face lather
Shower prep
AS: Fine Green Vetiver
Passes: 3, WTG, XTG, WTG (my normal progression)

Thoughts.....
I'm not used to the ATT weight but it is no hindrance, if anything it's a plus as the weight of the razor really does the work. Feel, holding it, with the extra width of the feather blade, I could close my eyes and think I have a small hammer in my hand!
i found the shave angle to be intuitive and had no issues going from the start. I like the extra width in comparison to a DE. Only one small weeper on pass 2 near jaw line, just need to be more familiar with it.
Other than that the passes went really well. I finished with an alum block and very little irritation.
shave was really close and even the other half said boy that's a close shave. That with minimal irritation makes this a winner for me.
Forgot, grip....I am a messy shaver, when I use a DE my hands are usually wet or damp. I didn't change that and had no issues holding onto the bamboo handle.

View attachment 663857

The comparison of the ATT SE1 versus the King Cobra, Classic and both versions (batch 1) of the Mongoose I made in an earlier thread that was removed still holds. I believe I had done 6 shaves and found the SE1 to be my favorite.

After about 10 or 11 shaves the SE1 is without question my favorite Artist Club Blade type razor delivering a smooth, efficient and comfortable experience. I think the major improvement of this razor is how the curved cap allows various shaving angles on your face as opposed to the Mongoose approach that builds a shaving angle into its angled design. Not a bad razor by any means....just not as good as the ATT version. How Stan designed the cap to attach positively to the base plate across the its width in addition to locking with the blade posts is unique and it allows the cap to sit down into the base and makes the whole razor head operate as one unit.

On my face the Kai Titan Mild is the best blade followed by the Feather Professional and then Super. They all fit. I have alternated recently with the Professional and Kai. I get about 10 shaves out of each with the other tools and imagine it will be the same with the SE1. The Super I have to be more careful with but the others I can shave in any direction with ease. Down, up, across or combination all seem to work and are comfortable. I still notice the width of the Artist Club compared to the normal DE and have to be careful not to nick protrusions but once the memory is in place for this the razor simply performs. Still experimenting with handles but even getting used to the bamboo.

Just a superior shaving experience and one I will look forward to regularly.

$DSCN3848.jpg

The comparison of the ATT SE1 versus the King Cobra, Classic and both versions (batch 1) of the Mongoose I made in an earlier thread that was removed still holds. I believe I had done 6 shaves and found the SE1 to be my favorite.

I think the major improvement of this razor is how the curved cap allows various shaving angles on your face as opposed to the Mongoose approach that builds a shaving angle into its angled design. [END OF QUOTE]

May be Mongoose will consider manufacturing/selling curved caps for current owners of SS and Alumi if enough people ask?
I would be ready to pay another 15$-20$ for one. I don' think it's protected by any patent and my guess it's a relatively minor change in the process.

Last edited:
Top Bottom