What's new

ATT SE1 w/ Proline Blade = Match Made in Heaven

Holes or slots don't matter as long as everything else stays the same. I haven't explored the Windsor line, I'll have to look into them.
I have owned the entire ATT DE line since 2014, including M1,R1,H1, M2, R2, H2, S1, S2 and then the SE1, SE2 and the Windsor Line (R1 and H1).

Last week I sold my regular line (my remaining plates) since the Windsor is just too good.

When comparing the windsor to the regular line, stan made various adjustments in order to reduce the "harshness" experienced by many with the regular line (some of the changes were reducing the blade exposure, increasing the cap size to reduce blade chatter, etc). And I have to say, that the changes are felt instantly!! For example, the regular R1 can be pretty harsh if you make any mistake and sometimes feels rough.....In comparison, the Windsor line runs as smooth as butter across the face, much much like the SE1 (which I attribute to the significant stiffer blade with the windsor).

Its a total different experience and I'm so glad it looks it will become the main line from now on!

I've owned the regular M1, R1, and H1 in 2014 and sold them. Lack of rigidity was the problem. I don't use DE razors anymore, so I'll have to take your word for it on the improvements.

I would be more inclined to buy a limited edition SE1/SE2 made of some rare metal extracted from a meteor from Krypton.

I'll probably pick up the SE1 Windsor because I'm not buying any other razors.

It's good to see its still being made!

Just got this information from Stan (Above the Tie's facebook page):

"We are working to expand the Windsor line. I talked to the machine shop this evening about migrating the SE1 and the Slant S1 to the Windsor format. What does that mean? It means the Slant will have to be lengthened on each end 1/2 mm to cover the blade tabs. Then reduce the blade exposure for more rigidity in the blade. This results in an even smother shave. Lastly, redesign the shave ports to match the Windsor line. The SE1 will only have to have the shave ports redone so it will likely come on line next. You will likely see these additions early 2019."

Can't wait for the polished SE1 coming in early 2019!!! @rabidus

I am all for expanding the Windsor line with the Slant S1 and the SE1, but does that mean that the SE1 is now discontinued in the regular SS line? That seems a little bit odd, given that the SE2 is still in the SS lineup. So, if you want both options, you need to have the SE1 Windsor and the SE2 in SS?

I am all for expanding the Windsor line with the Slant S1 and the SE1, but does that mean that the SE1 is now discontinued in the regular SS line? That seems a little bit odd, given that the SE2 is still in the SS lineup. So, if you want both options, you need to have the SE1 Windsor and the SE2 in SS?
Not sure about that at the moment. Hopefully, Stan will have a more formal post in the following weeks to clarify. It could also be the SE1 was sold out during black friday and thus out of the site for now.

Looks like the Windsor line are stainless steel satin or polished and copper safety bar razors with lather holes instead of slots. If Windsor's are all SB razors, then the SE2 can't be a Windsor.

I purchased both M1 and SE1 with the half off sale, just used the M1 so far. Waiting for the blades to show for the SE1. I can see why they developed the Windsor line after two saves but it still does a great gob as an everyday shaver and its a work of art as far as fit and finish. I’m a little apprehensive on the SE1 but looking forward to that first shave, any suggestions?

I purchased both M1 and SE1 with the half off sale, just used the M1 so far. Waiting for the blades to show for the SE1. I can see why they developed the Windsor line after two saves but it still does a great gob as an everyday shaver and its a work of art as far as fit and finish. I’m a little apprehensive on the SE1 but looking forward to that first shave, any suggestions?

The SE1 is a very smooth razor, but there is a LOT more blade exposure than your M1. Use the proper angle (not hard to sense at all) and a very light touch. That's all you need for a close, comfortable shave IMHO. Enjoy!

Not sure about that at the moment. Hopefully, Stan will have a more formal post in the following weeks to clarify. It could also be the SE1 was sold out during black friday and thus out of the site for now.

Looks like the Windsor line are stainless steel satin or polished and copper safety bar razors with lather holes instead of slots. If Windsor's are all SB razors, then the SE2 can't be a Windsor.
^^^ This right here... The SE1 will be listed under the Windsor line being that it will have the shave ports, (as Stan call them), drilled into them which makes it different from what it is now and as Anthony pointed out it will be offered in both polished and satin finish. The SE2 requires no drilled ports as it is an open comb and is why it is still listed under the regular stainless section.

Ok, I’m about 8 shaves in with the SE1 and it’s really showing how efficient it is. I started with the feather pro super and was a good shave but too much blade feel and seemed very aggressive to me. Than I moved on to the KAI mild and that was a nice shave, much smoother and left my skin better but not as efficient. Than went to the proline, wow great shave, left my face in great shape and was just as good of a shave as the feather but much smoother and more forgiving on the finish. What impresses me is that the quality of the shave is so good without the irritation that normally goes with getting this close.

Ok, I’m about 8 shaves in with the SE1 and it’s really showing how efficient it is. I started with the feather pro super and was a good shave but too much blade feel and seemed very aggressive to me. Than I moved on to the KAI mild and that was a nice shave, much smoother and left my skin better but not as efficient. Than went to the proline, wow great shave, left my face in great shape and was just as good of a shave as the feather but much smoother and more forgiving on the finish. What impresses me is that the quality of the shave is so good without the irritation that normally goes with getting this close.
Welcome to the SE1 + Proline Heaven!

Congrats, I need to give that Proline blade a try one day! :lol:

Got my Prolines from Japan. Took ~10 days and cost $13 delivered.

They really are a smoother blade than the Feather Pros (which are good blades)

Glad I found this thread and gave them a shot!

Feather Pros (which are good blades)

proxy.php

I'm not sure if my first Proline was just a bad blade, but I found it much rougher in my Black Hawk than the Feather Pro. I tossed it after 3 shaves and went back to a Feather Pro, and I had a much better shave. Since I have 29 left I guess I'll try another Proline after I'm done with this Feather Pro, but after everything I read I'm very surprised at how poorly it performed. I know you folks have been using it in an ATT SE1 not a Black Hawk, but I wouldn't have thought that would make much of a difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom