What's new

ATT SE1...Take a Bow...

The SE2 is as smooth as your hand is steady. it has more blade gap and an open comb. It provides a longer lasting BBS shave, but if you loose focus, it will bite. It takes less strokes to get excellent results than the SE1. I would say it requires less focus than the Asylum RX but just as efficient.

Today's shave with the SE2/Schick Proline took less effort than yesterday's shave with the SE1 with the same blade. It will take about 16+ hours before I start to feel stubble break skin. I started to feel stubble after about 12 hours yesterday. If I wanted anything more out of the Schick Proline, I would use it in a str8. I'm sure other AC blades would tone down the SE2 considerably, due to my experience with them.

I got absolutely no sting from the aftershave with the Schick Proline, same as yesterday, no nicks or weepers.

I don't need to use the SE2 everyday, the SE1 is perfect for that. I don't need any thing more than the SE2, it's the most efficient Safety razor I need to use.

The El Jefe and SE1 are pretty close, I prefer the SE1. The SE2 on the other hand blows it away. If your technique is good, it will be just as smooth as the SE1, but much more efficient.

All three will get me a BBS shave, the SE2 will do it with less strokes and last hours longer.
Anthony very good detailed explanation and as soon as I get mine... put if off a little as I've just spent a whole lot on some vintage razors but we are close to pulling the trigger on the SE 1 and I think I'll take you up on your offer to try the SE 2 baseplate but only if you have an extra one as you mentioned a while back. BTW are they both the same SE 2 baseplates or is one an older version and if so what is the difference between the old and new?
:thumbup1:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The SE2 is as smooth as your hand is steady. it has more blade gap and an open comb. It provides a longer lasting BBS shave, but if you loose focus, it will bite. It takes less strokes to get excellent results than the SE1. I would say it requires less focus than the Asylum RX but just as efficient.

Today's shave with the SE2/Schick Proline took less effort than yesterday's shave with the SE1 with the same blade. It will take about 16+ hours before I start to feel stubble break skin. I started to feel stubble after about 12 hours yesterday. If I wanted anything more out of the Schick Proline, I would use it in a str8. I'm sure other AC blades would tone down the SE2 considerably, due to my experience with them.

I got absolutely no sting from the aftershave with the Schick Proline, same as yesterday, no nicks or weepers.

I don't need to use the SE2 everyday, the SE1 is perfect for that. I don't need any thing more than the SE2, it's the most efficient Safety razor I need to use.

The El Jefe and SE1 are pretty close, I prefer the SE1. The SE2 on the other hand blows it away. If your technique is good, it will be just as smooth as the SE1, but much more efficient.

All three will get me a BBS shave, the SE2 will do it with less strokes and last hours longer.

Great review. Very helpful. Thanks.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Ok. So I️ might be wrong about the Proline being the best blade for the ATT SE 1....and MY face of course.

On a whim, I️ threw in a Kai Protouch MG for sh$ts and giggles. Whoa. Smooth as silk and zero concentration needed whatsoever. Just as efficient as the Proline I️ find. No irritation. No weepers. Nada. I️ always get “something”, albeit small, using the Proline. I️ always thought of guarded blades as possibly “girlyman” blades. Ha. Nope. Money I️ tell ya. Buuut....I️ was using B&M Reserve Soap. That was one of the best soaps (read slickest) that I’ve ever used, so that might have added to the equation. Will have to try diff soaps and the normal Kai Pink Mild in the SE1 before I️ make a definitive conclusion. More later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. So I️ might be wrong about the Proline being the best blade for the ATT SE 1....and MY face of course.

On a whim, I️ threw in a Kai Protouch MG for sh$ts and giggles. Whoa. Smooth as silk and zero concentration needed whatsoever. Just as efficient as the Proline I️ find. No irritation. No weepers. Nada. I️ always get “something”, albeit small, using the Proline. I️ always thought of guarded blades as possibly “girlyman” blades. Ha. Nope. Money I️ tell ya. Buuut....I️ was using B&M Reserve Soap. That was one of the best soaps (read slickest) that I’ve ever used, so that might have added to the equation. Will have to try diff soaps and the normal Kai Pink Mild in the SE1 before I️ make a definitive conclusion. More later.

Awesome! :thumbsup:

The other blades don't cut through my stubble with the same level of efficiency as the Proline.

I decided to just use the SE1 everyday to dissect it shave by shave. Shave 10 on the Proline today, BBS as usual. Yesterday I really got jiggy with the SE1 and the shave lasted a few hours longer. The SE1 is precise. After about a dozen shaves on the Proline, I start to miss a fresh one, but I'm going to try real hard to keep going with this blade.

proxy.php

Unfortunately I can't use the Schick Proline blades in my ATT SE1 razor because they don't fit. I bought my ATT from their first run and that was a known problem, blades fitting tight. They corrected it of course. No matter how hard I press the blade it won't fit into the SE1 razor. So I use that blade in my Mongoose or my General.
Of course I can use Feather and KAI blades in the ATT.
Like me :-( , I will use my Prolines in the Mongoose ...i like them...

Tam

Like me :-( , I will use my Prolines in the Mongoose ...i like them...

Tam

I would:

A. Reach out to Above the Tie and see if they would modify the tabs so the Proline's would fit.

B. File the tabs narrower myself little by little to get them to fit. And if I mess ups

C. Buy a new cap from Above the Tie.

I just bought my ATT SE a few months ago, it would have went back if the Proline didn't fit.

IMAG0702_1.jpg

Didn't really need to shave today after using the SE2 yesterday, but I didn't let that stop me!

First Head Shave With the SE1

I took a break from head shaving for about to months, making sure I still have options and I do. I picked up the SE1 during my hiatus, so to day was my first head shave with with two months growth.

I used the clippers with no guard to get my hair down to a manageable level and used a Weck shavette with guard to level things off dry.

The SE1 with a fresh Schick Proline was silky smooth and extremely efficient. I got too jiggy with it and removed some skin on my clean up pass, was pretty much done. I shouldn't have went so hard after not shaving my head for two months.

The SE1 BBS'd my head with ease, just as easy as the MMOC and that says a lot!

I BBS'd my face first and then my head.

• ATT SE1/Kai Mild PINK

For s**ts and giggles I decided to revisit the Kai Mild PINK. I was thinking maybe I got it wrong...maybe the Kai blade is more efficient than the Proline...maybe it's all in my head...maybe the Kai blade works better in the SE1...maybe I can have two blade choices...maybe...just maybe...

1510503967121_image.jpg

The Kai Mild PINK is not a bad blade for my face shaves but it is clearly not as efficient as the Schick Proline, it takes more strokes to achieve the same results. The Feather Pro was worse than the Kai blade, no way I'm trying one of them again.

It was :nono: on my head shave... WTG it was noticeable less efficient. ATG was down right painful! :scared: I aborted and put a fresh Proline in the SE1 and finished up. I never used the Kai blade on my head shave because of its poor performance and last night proved why. No problem with the Proline.

The Schick Proline is clearly the most efficient AC blade from my experience!

Back to the Proline today, much better! Business as usual, BBS face and head shave as smooth as silk... :thumbup:

• ATT SE1/Kai Mild PINK
For s**ts and giggles I decided to revisit the Kai Mild PINK. I was thinking maybe I got it wrong...maybe the Kai blade is more efficient than the Proline...maybe it's all in my head...maybe the Kai blade works better in the SE1...maybe I can have two blade choices...maybe...just maybe...

View attachment 842772

The Kai Mild PINK is not a bad blade for my face shaves but it is clearly not as efficient as the Schick Proline, it takes more strokes to achieve the same results. The Feather Pro was worse than the Kai blade, no way I'm trying one of them again.

It was :nono: on my head shave... WTG it was noticeable less efficient. ATG was down right painful! :scared: I aborted and put a fresh Proline in the SE1 and finished up. I never used the Kai blade on my head shave because of its poor performance and last night proved why. No problem with the Proline.

The Schick Proline is clearly the most efficient AC blade from my experience!
Anthony what about the Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG Blades they say Pink on them to. Have you ever tried them? They are not coated like the mild pinks are.

I must report I've had 3 shaves with the SE1 using the Proline and they have all been very good shaves. WIth that said so far on my face at least it seems to fall a little behind the Sabre with the L2 plate in efficiency, smoothness or glide and maneuverability. Now I may be splitting hairs here cause I'm going by memory as I haven't used the Sabre in a couple of weeks so until I do a side by side shave comparison using the two and using the same shaving technique I'll refrain from making a final judgement of where the two fall in. No need to include the SE2 in the comparison as it leaves the other two behind in efficiency and that's a 100% for sure statement.

Anthony what about the Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG Blades they say Pink on them to. Have you ever tried them? They are not coated like the mild pinks are.

I must report I've had 3 shaves with the SE1 using the Proline and they have all been very good shaves. WIth that said so far on my face at least it seems to fall a little behind the Sabre with the L2 plate in efficiency, smoothness or glide and maneuverability. Now I may be splitting hairs here cause I'm going by memory as I haven't used the Sabre in a couple of weeks so until I do a side by side shave comparison using the two and using the same shaving technique I'll refrain from making a final judgement of where the two fall in. No need to include the SE2 in the comparison as it leaves the other two behind in efficiency and that's a 100% for sure statement.

Protouch MG’s are fantastic in my opinion. I read they do use the exact same Pink tech, including the coating. Just the guarded version of the regular Mild Pink.

“The Captain Protouch MG Blade is crafted with the latest technology from Kai. PINK (Plasma Ion New process by Kai) hardens the blade, creating a more acute edge for a superior performance. The blade is then coated with titanium for cutting edge durability, and finished with a coating of PTFE for an extremely smooth, skin-friendly shave. Protouch MG blades have an additional safety feature: a stainless steel guard with ridges to reduce nicks and cuts”

Last edited:
WIth that said so far on my face at least it seems to fall a little behind the Sabre with the L2 plate in efficiency, smoothness or glide and maneuverability.

That makes sense, I find the SE1 more efficient than the Sabre L1 you kindly loaned to me and slightly less efficient than the MMOC. In your comparison, the MMOC was more efficient than the Sabre L2.

I've been using the ATT SE1 exclusively, so when it comes to using the right amount of pressure to get the most out of it, I can wield it perfectly. Between the SE1 and MMOC, it's splitting hairs, I like the wider blade more. If I use the MMOC after using the SE1, the added efficiency is noticeable but nothing to sneeze at.

Stroke for stroke, the SE1 is not far behind the MMOC, but it is behind it. The MMOC is behind the SE2.

I have 2 Kai PG blades and I put one of them in before finishing with the Proline and found it to be the same as the unguarded Mild Pink blade! The Proline blows away both the unguarded and guarded Kai blade.

Last edited:
Protouch MG’s are fantastic in my opinion. I read they do use the exact same Pink tech. Just the guarded version of the regular Mild Pink.

Thanks for the input I ordered them and I'm hoping they are as good as one other member said they were and I'm curious to see how they compare to the Prolines.

Top Bottom