What's new

ATT SE1 - Loading Blade

This is my first SE razor and my question is going to probably sound stupid but here goes.

Even though the ATT SE1 takes AC blades, there is no injector loading, right? You basically get the blade out of the box and load it manually into the razor? Also, how tight is too tight? It does have a rubber gasket/washer at the bottom but I am still not sure how tight I should screw it.

I tried to watch youtube videos with the ATT SE razors, but none specific to loading the blade.

Thanks.

Is this stainless steel? If it is, all components are milled one piece parts so go as tight as you like. The rubber gaskets that ATT sell are to protect the finish on the underside of the base plate from metal to metal abrasion.

I have an older Standard Razor that is 98% aluminum, only the threaded stud that fits between the handle and top cap is stainless steel, and I've never had any problems with it.

No need for a laboratory calibrated torque driver. I think common sense and not using gorilla strength will work well for you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Is this stainless steel? If it is, all components are milled one piece parts so go as tight as you like. The rubber gaskets that ATT sell are to protect the finish on the underside of the base plate from metal to metal abrasion.

I have an older Standard Razor that is 98% aluminum, only the threaded stud that fits between the handle and top cap is stainless steel, and I've never had any problems with it.

No need for a laboratory calibrated torque driver. I think common sense and not using gorilla strength will work well for you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yeah. The razor is stainless steel. Cool. I dont think I am going to overdo it with how tight it is but was curious about that.

Still not sure about the blade loading though. I use a Merkur 34C that I am switching from and loading the blade in it is rather easy since there are notches on the plates to fit the blade. Not so much on the ATT SE1 .. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
This is my first SE razor and my question is going to probably sound stupid but here goes.

Even though the ATT SE1 takes AC blades, there is no injector loading, right? You basically get the blade out of the box and load it manually into the razor? Also, how tight is too tight? It does have a rubber gasket/washer at the bottom but I am still not sure how tight I should screw it.

I tried to watch youtube videos with the ATT SE razors, but none specific to loading the blade.

Thanks.

The ATT SE-1 is not an injector.

Fear not - I'll take some pics to illustrate after dinner. :)

From what i understand, the box that the AC blades come in are designed to load the Feather SS style razor without touching the blade. Not so with the SE1. I carefully take out a blade and place it on the underside of cap and set baseplate on. Be sure to check that the gap is even all the way around. Sometimes if its not seated right, the gap will be clearly uneven.

Wrong-top cap is resting on back of baseplate
0D285E78-09DA-4C82-857E-643D67EEA5F5.jpeg

Correct

824DB91E-4103-4F7F-BC1E-38450BA7B0D0.jpeg

The ATT SE-1 is not an injector.

Fear not - I'll take some pics to illustrate after dinner. :)
That would be much appreciated. While its not an injector, it still uses the AC type of blades which have the push/pull mechanism in the box, right? Just trying to figure out what the best way to get the blades in the razor are.

I know I am also getting a little ahead of myself here but am curious if the ATT SE2 has a similar loading mechanism/system as the SE1. I only have the SE1 but am debating getting the SE2 plates just to have some comparisons to make between my DE razor (Merkur 34C), a mid-aggressive SE1 and the more aggressive SE2.

Thanks folks.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
@Old Hippie Could any of you please share your ATT SE1 blade-loading acumen with @fistfullofbeer ?

Sure!

I take the baseplate, carefully set the blade on it being sure to like up the registration slots in the blade with the registration tabs on the baseplate. Then I put the top cap on, making sure that the back edge of the cap is where it's supposed to be. Then screw on the handle while holding the head together gently.

O.H.

Sure!

I take the baseplate, carefully set the blade on it being sure to like up the registration slots in the blade with the registration tabs on the baseplate. Then I put the top cap on, making sure that the back edge of the cap is where it's supposed to be. Then screw on the handle while holding the head together gently.

O.H.

Despite having shaved successfully last night I never noticed the notches (registration slots) till today when I was cleaning up my razor. Takes the guess work out of it as well.

Top Bottom