What's new

ATT S2 Question, About S1 Baseplate Fitting Older S2

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Will the current S1 baseplate fit and work properly with an older ATT S2 (from 2014 or 2015 or other years)?

Thanks for any help and advice on this.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
You're welcome...

I have a BST S2 in transit. I'll see how I like it. If I find it considerably less smooth on my skin I may order the S1 baseplate. According to the reviews a lot of people say the S1 is smoother but a bit less efficient. However, the reviews are, as you might expect, quite varied.

A good many guys seem to love the ATT S2 slant and find it very agreeable for them. Perhaps I'll be another member of that group.

Can it beat The Elephant Razor?

StealthSlant.Angle.Upright.640.8-8-18.JPG

There are a good many slants available now, but where's my Fatip Slant? It's in transit but when will it arrive? Maybe Rave @Raven Koenes can answer that question.

I'm expecting the Fatip Slant to be a certain way.
  • No gap to speak of.
  • No guard span to speak of.
  • Impressive blade exposure.
Will it be open comb? I'd guess it will be.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I've never tried a slant, no desire to. I reached BBS results daily with regular rigid DE's, didn't see a need for a torqued DE blade.

I often wondered why Gillette never made a slant razor.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've never tried a slant, no desire to. I reached BBS results daily with regular rigid DE's, didn't see a need for a torqued DE blade.

I often wondered why Gillette never made a slant razor.

I wonder when the first slants came about and were popular? I think it was a fairly late invention (like in the 30s). Maybe Gillette was entrenched in their designs by then? Really I have zero idea.

Top Bottom