What's new

ATT Revisited

Hi All,

I've been on a Gillette Super Speed and Rocket run for most of the year. I just went back to my ATTs and remembered why I like them so much. I have the following:

1. M2, R2, H2, S1 and S2
2. Kronos, Atlas and Colossus handles

-The H2 is very nice but I can't see using it daily. I also got blade burn. Very effective though
-The R2 is more manageable but certainly not a care-free shave. I have to watch what I'm doing or I... will... get... bit!
-The M2 is pretty amazing. very effective and smooth and I can shave without having to be so careful.
-The S2 Slant is a great design and also very effective. The asymmetry to me makes it a more visually interesting design than the above standards. The open comb is great and I love this razor. Its about on par with the R2 in aggressiveness.
-The S1. Now this one hits the sweet spot. Its the only closed comb ATT I own and I love it! Very smooth and just wonderfully engineered.
So I love all of these razors and would never let any one of them go but the two I currently enjoy using the most are the M2 and the S1. My favorite handle currently is the Atlas- closer to the size of Gillette handles but the Kronos is great to use as well. The Colossus is just a bit to big for me.

With my favorite Gillette Sharp Edge (yellows) and PolSilvers, they really make shaving a great past time. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on their ATTs.

Best Wishes

ATT R2 has been in my rotation with the Timeless .95 OC and Wolf Whiskers .86 OC. The Timeless is my favorite of the three, but it hasn't knocked the other two out of the rotation. I like some variety so tomorrow I try a single edge, and another ATT, for the first time. SE2 is on deck.

Just used my Windsor H last night. Not quite as smooth as my Ti Timeless but still a very smooth and very efficient shave. Nice change up in the rotation.

I have the m2, r2, and h2 plates. I don’t use them much because I like some of my other razors more, but I do enjoy the m and r plates. The h is too much for me. It also doesn’t seem to be much more efficient than the r plate, especially for the jump up in aggression. The m is my favorite as I shave daily. I really like the Atlas handle. It’s the perfect length. I wish it was just a little bigger in diameter and had a flat bottom.

Just used my Windsor H last night. Not quite as smooth as my Ti Timeless but still a very smooth and very efficient shave. Nice change up in the rotation.
Which Timeless Ti? If .68 then R1 will be so close that I can't decide between them so both are staying

I've owned the M2, R2, H2, S2 and SE2. I've kept the H2, S2 and SE2, and love all three. The H2 is probably in my top five razors. Whenever I go back to it, I ask myself why I don't use it more.

The ATT M2 is the best for me.

Can anyone tell me how the SE2 compares to the M2?

The M2 is in my top 3 rotation, but I have a recent passion for AC blades.

Dear gents in this thread,
When I started my SE razors journey some moths ago,
ATT SE1 (with Feather Professional Pro) gets much use since then.
Sometimes when I missed DE razors, fatboy got its rotation.
In fact, I wanted to try an ATT DE razor with similar smoothness and efficiency as SE1 coupled with Feather Professional.
I am now hesitating between S2, R1, R2, H1, H2.
S1 is incredibly smooth, but not efficient for me.
Of course, Windsor series is also under my consideration,
but the holes on base plates keep me away from it due to cleaning difficulties.
Please give me some opinions.
Thank you.

In fact, I wanted to try an ATT DE razor with similar smoothness and efficiency as SE1 coupled with Feather Professional.
Thank you.
Do you mean cleaning inside the holes? I love my SSR1 and the holes are not clogged during or after the shave

Thank you.
R2. To me, it doesn't feel much different than an H1 or 2, it's just a little safer feeling if that makes any sense. It does have significantly more blade feel than the M series. I have never used an S series. I used an SE2 for the first time today. I like it a lot. It seems a tad more aggressive than the R2 with much more blade rigidity (which you would expect from an artist club type single edge blade).

The S1 on a Kronos handle was my favorite razor of any type for years until I got the copper Windsor with the R plate. That is all I shave with now.

Top Bottom