What's new

ATT owners please!

I'd like to hear from those who own more than one ATT razor head. I have the r1 plate and get really comfortable, close shaves , 2 to 3 passes.
Although I don't need them! I hanker after another head, m1, h1, or even their se range. To those who have them, do the other heads give the same comfortable shaves? The only difference I suppose is the so called aggressiveness.

I own s1, and S2 heads on Kronos handle
Amazing razors,,, yes little learning curb, but both amazing razors

Note: your blade and lathering technique, and choice of soap,, must be factored in
Amazing company and I was lucky to get chance to speak on phone to Stan, who answered all my questions before he retired,, great razors

proxy.php
proxy.php

I own s1, and S2 heads on Kronos handle
Amazing razors,,, yes little learning curb, but both amazing razors

Note: your blade and lathering technique, and choice of soap,, must be factored in
Amazing company and I was lucky to get chance to speak on phone to Stan, who answered all my questions before he retired,, great razors

proxy.php
proxy.php
Yes, a little learning, at first, I considered it gave a hit or miss shave in terms of efficiency, but learned you need to get the angle right. Now my ears tell me if it is not cutting my stubble. !

Never had any issues at all that were not my fault
Not a good lather, or not enough lather, and wrong blade
Been wet shaving bout 14 years only within last 3 years or so learn how to properly lather and use good soap with great cushion/ glide

The S2 head is more efficient than s1, but both are amazing

Cheers

I have the M1, R1, and H1. The H1 has a little more blade gap and is a bit more aggressive than the R1. It's not a huge difference but if you like using a steep angle, you might like the H1. If you use a shallow angle, I doubt you'd notice much difference. The M1 has a pretty substantially smaller blade gap and is quite a bit milder than the R1. If you don't get irritation from the R1, I'm not sure you'd have much use for the M1.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
S2, G1, SE1, SE2 -- that's my ATT stable.

The S2 is the one that gives me the best shaves of any razor I have, more consistently, with far less drama than some. It's a daily shaver -- or could be for me, if I wasn't changing up styles so frequently. I don't have and haven't tried an S1, but I imagine it's pretty much the same only even milder.

The G1 is a strange bird from the get-go but one of my favourite razors. Very mild and predictable. It sometimes takes a little to get the last bit of stubble, but the razor is so mild that it doesn't generate much irritation to do so.

The SE1 I have now (Windsor) is a replacement for a regular SE1 that I had traded off for the S2. It's just as good a shaver as my earlier one. I strongly suggest that if you want to explore AC format razors that you consider using guarded blades like the Feather ProGuard. You may be able to step straight to non-guarded blades, but starting out cautiously is a good idea.

The SE2 is, for me, a more challenging razor than the SE1. Where I generally prefer an OC razor over an SB for the increased blade exposure, closer shave and better lubrication I found the SE2 simply gave me too much of the first two. It's a good razor if you have Master-level Razor-Fu or want to develop that level of skill. You will earn that experience, I'll say that. I'm glad I kept mine, though at the time I traded off the SE1 I was hoping for an S1 and S2.

The S2 is perfect for me. The G1 engages my fan-boy module. The SE1 is a razor I want to spend some more time with. The SE2 is a nice razor to pull out for SEptember festivities or for the occasional full-boat-mahooha hour-long shave with hot lather, steaming towels, perfect lighting and J.S. Bach on the stereo in the Shave Cave.

O.H.

The new Windsor R1 is my go to razor with Astra blades. Smooth as butter as they say. To shake things up I also enjoy the SE head as well. I like Kai Mild blades in my SE. Yes, I agree they are very nice razors. However, I may be a bit biased. LOL.

I'd like to hear from those who own more than one ATT razor head. I have the r1 plate and get really comfortable, close shaves , 2 to 3 passes.
Although I don't need them! I hanker after another head, m1, h1, or even their se range. To those who have them, do the other heads give the same comfortable shaves? The only difference I suppose is the so called aggressiveness.

R1 steel windsor = too mild for me
H1 copper windsor = just about right
SE-1 Artist club aluminum = just about right
SE-2 Artist club stainless OC = I couldn't tame it. There was no angle that wasn't all blade.
S1 Slant aluminum = not sure about aggression, but can't get a good shave with it.

I’ve owned the M2, R2, H2, S2 and SE2, and still use the H2, S2 and SE2. I found the M2 and R2 lacked the efficiency and blade-forwardness I like, so they found new homes. I use the H2 and SE2 frequently, as they both deliver tremendously close shaves. The S2 is the only slant I own, and use it when I’m in one of my rare slant moods. ATT makes great razors.

I guess I don't need another razor head as suggested in my initial post, as the r1 gives me such good shaves since i started using it regularly, getting the angle right. I onlydid this after taking it on hoilday for 2 weeks and using nothing else! It gives really close and superbly comfortable shaves each day. Gone is my supposedly sensitive skin.

I guess I don't need another razor head as suggested in my initial post, as the r1 gives me such good shaves since i started using it regularly, getting the angle right. I onlydid this after taking it on hoilday for 2 weeks and using nothing else! It gives really close and superbly comfortable shaves each day. Gone is my supposedly sensitive skin.
If the R1 is giving you great results then you may be correct. I like the SE1 (single edge) because I get the same great results but can enjoy a different shaving experience using the wider stiffer single edge blade. Also, for me the single edge blades last much longer than double edge blades.

If the R1 is giving you great results then you may be correct. I like the SE1 (single edge) because I get the same great results but can enjoy a different shaving experience using the wider stiffer single edge blade. Also, for me the single edge blades last much longer than double edge blades.
What would the difference be? Thought about the se.

I’ve tried many plates in the Classic line. I settled on the H, and also had an R plate. It was my main shaver for three years. Then I got the Windsor in H and R plates - to me, it is a superior razor. I sold my Classic. The M was too mild for me, I didn’t care for the R2, the S1 was ok.

What would the difference be? Thought about the se.
For me a totally different feel on my face. The wider blade covers more surface with each pass, which I like. Kinda like a straight razor. A stiffer blade gives me a very close shave with less touch up. Unlike vintage SE razors the SE1 is designed so you can basicly use your current shaving angle with the razor. There was little to no learning curve for me switching from my ATT DE to their SE1. A vintage SE razor requires a very differant shave angle, one of which I was never able to master. Since ATT has very nice return policy you can purchase the SE1 and try it out. Keep if you like, return if you don't. You really have nothing to loose. Remember to get some SE blades as well. I like the Titan Mild blades.

Hi TwiceRetired,

Great to see you active on the boards. I always appreciate your help, and still use my ATT M1 and R1 razors I bought from you in 2014. I hope retirement is treating you well!

Best always,
John

Thanks. Retirement has been a blast. Have traveled quite a bit. Started looking at old wrist watches and now have twenty. LOL. Keeping our two grand kids some and on top of that we bought a mid century modern house to restore and move into. As a result I have not had much time to cruise here lately. However, when I do check in I try to offer some helpful information or insight.
I glad you are still enjoying your ATT razor from 2014. ATT's goal from the beginning was to offer lifetime razors.

Thanks. Retirement has been a blast. Have traveled quite a bit. Started looking at old wrist watches and now have twenty. LOL. Keeping our two grand kids some and on top of that we bought a mid century modern house to restore and move into. As a result I have not had much time to cruise here lately. However, when I do check in I try to offer some helpful information or insight.
I glad you are still enjoying your ATT razor from 2014. ATT's goal from the beginning was to offer lifetime razors.

Hi TwiceRetired,

Glad to hear that you're keeping busy and that things are great!

You're indeed always helpful and kind. And to me, you've achieved your goal of offering lifetime razors. Thank you for that!

Best always,
John

I like the H1. It is one of my top 3 razors(the other two are the CG level 3 OC and the Muhle R-41 2013). I have 4 wolfman razors that I like less.

I have an R1 and a full set of the open comb version. 89mm handle (Kronos?). Contrary to what others have found the differences in aggressiveness are too large for me, which keeps me from using them. Never got really good shaves in the years that I did use this razor. Got a Rockwell model T (early backer) and the ATT has been in a cupboard ever since.

Top Bottom