What's new

ATT OC vs Fatip

I was a little disappointed about the packaging when I received my 5 piece Atlas OC $300 set but the craftmanship is outstanding, craftsmanship is not synonymous with the Fatip. Really, I got my Fatip Grande in a box with a lid, cheap box but still a box with a lid. I got my $300 ATT OC state of the art set in a paperthin small squashed box, go figure.

I have only had 2 shaves with the R2 plate and this morning will be the 3rd with a new Feather blade. So far I am observing that the R2 is not as efficient as my Fatips but I still have gotten 2 BBS. They did require way more touchups than my Fatips. Might well be I am still getting used to the new razor as the second shave required less touchups than the first as I had a different approach but still more than my Fatips.

I can only get 3 shaves with a new Feather blade on my Fatips or R2 then I can use the same blade 3-4 more times on my Progress and buff at a low setting problem areas BBS without causing blood. Problem is I enjoy the efficient BBS Fatip shaves so much the Progress has 4-5 Feathers to shave with now and counting..lol.

The H2 plate will get the next new Feather's 3 first shaves. Sorry M2..lol. From what I can see my Fatips are aggressive from blade exposure and the blade angle sits slightly flatter from the OC compared to the ATT. The Fatip is a great design and a handsome looking razor. Proof so many have been sold and have a great following.

As for the ATT OC system it looks to get its aggressiveness mainly from the gap to the OC. The blade has also a slightly steeper angle compared to the Fatip towards the OC.

Any other Fatip and ATT OC owners want to chime in on the differences and experiences or have questions are welcome. We can all learn something new. I will be reporting as I get new revelations.

I have never used a Fat Tip but many members like them, I love the ATT system both SB & OC and find the R plates work best for me. I aslo agree about the build quality, it could be the very best made razor ever and so with the cost involved in machining and hand finishing I forgive the packaging short comings. Hope in time you come to love your ATT system

I was a little disappointed about the packaging when I received my 5 piece Atlas OC $300 set but the craftmanship is outstanding, craftsmanship is not synonymous with the Fatip. Really, I got my Fatip Grande in a box with a lid, cheap box but still a box with a lid. I got my $300 ATT OC state of the art set in a paperthin small squashed box, go figure.

I have never used an ATT but when I unpacked my Fatip I just thought the box is too nice to throw away but then also not good enough to keep it. :001_unsur

I have never used a Fat Tip but many members like them, I love the ATT system both SB & OC and find the R plates work best for me. I aslo agree about the build quality, it could be the very best made razor ever and so with the cost involved in machining and hand finishing I forgive the packaging short comings. Hope in time you come to love your ATT system

I am just knocking the packaging, you would expect something more special. I gotten 3 BBS shaves so far with the R2 plate, I am big fan already. The third shave today was better than the first 2 as I gotten more accustomed to the razor but still not in the same ballpark of efficiency for me as the Fatip.

I will try the H2 plate next. I am just comparing the Fatip to the ATT OCs and giving my opinion. The razor is a beautifully crafted tool. ATT should be proud.

I have never used an ATT but when I unpacked my Fatip I just thought the box is too nice to throw away but then also not good enough to keep it. :001_unsur

You are absolutely right. But at least Fatips box cardboard is thicker, has a lid and keeps its shape..lol

But at least Fatips box cardboard is thicker, has a lid and keeps its shape..lol
OK. But then, does an indestructible stainless steel razor need to be packaged at all for shipping? Write the address on the head cap, wrap a postage stamp around the handle, and off she goes... if there were not "too many" base plates!

Hmmm, guess I need one of those! :lol:

OK. But then, does an indestructible stainless steel razor need to be packaged at all for shipping? Write the address on the head cap, wrap a postage stamp around the handle, and off she goes... if there were not "too many" base plates!

Hmmm, guess I need one of those! :lol:

Get your squashed box soon Haeger, inside is this gorgeous SS Razor :001_tt1:

Going to skip shaving today and give the H2 plate with a new Feather an initial 2 day growth test.

proxy.php
[/URL] [/IMG]

And one with the Fatips
proxy.php
[/URL] [/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
With a 2 day growth I showered and did my usual prep work and put a new Feather blade in ATT Atlas with the H2 plate. I did my usual 3 pass shave.

First pass WTG had great audible as the whiskers were being mowed down. 2nd pass XTG went smooth also. 3rd pass ATG was very efficient. I was left with a little touch up between the upper lip and nose and wow! Super BBS shave. Very much in par with a Fatip shave.

This 1st H2 shave provided me with a couple of small weepers as I did with my first Fatip shaves and expect small learning curve with the new razor. Other than that, smooth irritation free shave like my Fatips.

I went into this shave being somewhat bios for my Fatips but I am now a believer in the ATT H2 plate, awesome job ATT and so glad I got this razor. I lean toward efficient razors, my tough beard demands it. Sorry you aren't getting any love right now M2 but your still pretty..lol.

The Fatip has a shallower blade angle with more blade exposure. The ATT R2 puts more bend on the blade towards the OC and gets its aggressiveness mainly from the blade gap. Different approaches but both awesome shaving instruments. YMMV.

Once I get more accustomed to the R2 I will do a 2 week test side by side with the Fatip. To be continued.

Nice review Apex. Can't wait to get back home and try my R1 out again.

Ty tbrim, I like the R2 plate also and can see how the R plates can be a favorite. Great shaving system and many here are excited about it, there is a plate for practically everyone.

Looking for others with Fatips and ATT OC's to give their opinions here. I would think most Fatip lovers would enjoy the R2 or H2 plates.

11.5 hours after my first shave with the H2 I could feel minimal growth and my lady could not see any sign of a shadow. Writing this post almost 10 hours after my second shave and it feels and looks like a repeat performance.

This morning 24 hours after the 1st shave I had my second shave with the H2. Similar to my Fatip super close shaves I could follow with a 2 pass shave but I am a strick reduction shaver. No pressure, let the Feather blade do its job and the instrument just help naturally guide it along.

One same recurring small weeper from the day before, irritation free, super BBS shave..2 for 2, mission accomplished. Well done ATT, can not say it enough.

Will get only one more shave with the same blade and will finish it off tomorrow with the same H2. Expecting more of the same :).

Nice review. I moved up to a Joris from a Fatip. If I buy another razor it will be the ATT. Loving the Joris too much to buy anything right now.

I have only had 2 shaves with the R2 plate and this morning will be the 3rd with a new Feather blade. So far I am observing that the R2 is not as efficient as my Fatips but I still have gotten 2 BBS. They did require way more touchups than my Fatips. Might well be I am still getting used to the new razor as the second shave required less touchups than the first as I had a different approach but still more than my Fatips.

I can only get 3 shaves with a new Feather blade on my Fatips or R2 then I can use the same blade 3-4 more times on my Progress and buff at a low setting problem areas BBS without causing blood. Problem is I enjoy the efficient BBS Fatip shaves so much the Progress has 4-5 Feathers to shave with now and counting..lol.

The H2 plate will get the next new Feather's 3 first shaves. Sorry M2..lol. From what I can see my Fatips are aggressive from blade exposure and the blade angle sits slightly flatter from the OC compared to the ATT. The Fatip is a great design and a handsome looking razor. Proof so many have been sold and have a great following.

As for the ATT OC system it looks to get its aggressiveness mainly from the gap to the OC. The blade has also a slightly steeper angle compared to the Fatip towards the OC.

Any other Fatip and ATT OC owners want to chime in on the differences and experiences or have questions are welcome. We can all learn something new. I will be reporting as I get new revelations.

I've seen the ATT packaging at Pasteur. IKon does something similar. It is made strictly for retail display. IKon shipped me direct just wrapped in bubble wrap, I think...but I just bought the head. The Fatip box is sturdy. My Joris box was about the same. For some reason I thought the Joris would come in a wooden box.

Nice review. I moved up to a Joris from a Fatip. If I buy another razor it will be the ATT. Loving the Joris too much to buy anything right now.
Ty Chadao. How I feel about the ATT H2 and my Fatips. Curious what do u find different between she Fatip and Joris besides craftsmanship, a better looking handle amd finish? Do they shave differently? They are the same designed heads from what I have read?

Same head, but superior production values. It shaves as close as the Fatip but no irritation. Sometimes I would get enough irritation with the Fatip, I would skip a shave with it, and use a milder razor. I haven't had to do that with the Joris. I've read the rhodium finish reduces friction. And a longer handle helps, too.

Ty Chadao. How I feel about the ATT H2 and my Fatips. Curious what do u find different between she Fatip and Joris besides craftsmanship, a better looking handle amd finish? Do they shave differently? They are the same designed heads from what I have read?

i have both fatip and joris. and imo the heads other than the plating are exactly the same on mine. i love the handle on my joris but honestly the head on my joris is plated a bit nicer then the fatip but on my joris you can clearly see the middle circle and the undersides of top and bottom plates are no better at all than the fatips are. the plating on the joris also seems to get fine scratches pretty easy they are just surface and can be gently buffed out but they are there and can be seen under the right light.

i REALLY want the att set but just cant spend that much on a de right now.

Last edited:
I am sure a better finished Joris makes a difference not to mention stricter quality control for the most part from what I have read in past posts. Mastershake post here is some more proof of it. Glad you didn't have any problems with your Joris Chadao.

I had some irritation problems with the Fatip until I discovered and corrected the torque on the head plate that caused one corner of the blade to flare out and the shaves got suddenly smooth for me. I returned the 1st and solved the torque with my 2nd and 3rd Fatips. It has always been one left facing corner. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/372434-Cure-Your-Torqued-Fatip

I remember the days when I first started DE shaving with my adjustable Progress at lower settings and I would have some of the meanest irritation and was second guessing getting into DE wet shaving. I stuck with it and this forum helped guide me to success. Now I shave with the same Progress at a 4-5 setting and irritation is a thing of the past.

Getting a Joris one day is in my bucket list. The handles on them really look nice but I prefer a shorter handle, I wish they sold just the head like ATT does or would provide some shorter handle models. It would have prompted me to getting one. For now my beloved Fatips will do.

You guys being experienced Joris/Fatip shavers would enjoy the ATT H2 I assure you, I look forward to your reviews on this razor in the future. I started writing this thread biasly towards my Fatips and though the R2 provided me BBS shaves I was not overly impressed with its lack of efficiency, it required too much touch up for my liking. The H2 has provided what I was looking for. My Fatips have met their match.

The 3rd shave with the H2 this morning went smoothly as planned but when I finished my 3rd pass I noticed a tad more stubble on my problem areas than in the 2 prior shaves. It was mainly due to the Feather blade losing its edge.

The touch up though successful was not as efficient also and it was at the cost of a couple of weepers.Either I am going to have to hand over the 3rd Feather blade shave to my proven Fatip or I will have to learn to dial in this H2 plate like I have the Fatip.

It might just be I can only get 2 smooth shaves out of the H2 when the norm has been 3 with a Fatip. Further testing will only reveal what works best for me. YMMV.

Put on a new blade this morning and ended up with another great shave. This time no weepers for the first time. The H2 and a sharp Feather just mowed down the whiskers on contact. Very little touch up was left and there was no tugging like my last shave, the razor just glided and shaved to BBS success.The real test will come on the Feather's 3rd shave. I was thinking maybe the Fatips angles let me get away with more when the blade starts to tug a little bit and I can force it somewhat without causing a weeper or 2.

Top Bottom