What's new

ATT M2 Atlas

I have wanted to love my ATT Atlas for the last few years, but just couldn't. The shaves always left me feeling irritated and disappointed no matter if I used the m1/r1/h1 base plates.

Maybe it was my technique, or lack of.

Not wanting to give up on such a beautiful razor, but not wanting to buy another expensive base plate, I was at a loss. Until I realized ATT has a much lower priced aluminum version!

So I snagged a M2 aluminum plate ... And I'm happy for it. I finally achieved a smooth irritation free shave using an ATT razor.

So now, my ATT Atlas is dust free and back in my rotation with a bit of bling... The blue aluminum baseplate looks great with the SS handle and top cap.

I guess from here on out I stick with OC razors.

I have wanted to love my ATT Atlas for the last few years, but just couldn't. The shaves always left me feeling irritated and disappointed no matter if I used the m1/r1/h1 base plates.

Maybe it was my technique, or lack of.

Not wanting to give up on such a beautiful razor, but not wanting to buy another expensive base plate, I was at a loss. Until I realized ATT has a much lower priced aluminum version!

So I snagged a M2 aluminum plate ... And I'm happy for it. I finally achieved a smooth irritation free shave using an ATT razor.

So now, my ATT Atlas is dust free and back in my rotation with a bit of bling... The blue aluminum baseplate looks great with the SS handle and top cap.

I guess from here on out I stick with OC razors.

Interesting. I had the opposite experience. I found the M2 open comb teeth to irritate my skin if used everyday. I generally stick with an R1 on kronos handle and occasionally an H2 (but again teeth can irritate me). Never tried aluminum. Maybe it’s my technique too.

I like the way the R1 shaves. I found the S1 slant very smooth.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Interesting. I had the opposite experience. I found the M2 open comb teeth to irritate my skin if used everyday. I generally stick with an R1 on kronos handle and occasionally an H2 (but again teeth can irritate me). Never tried aluminum. Maybe it’s my technique too.

I like the way the R1 shaves. I found the S1 slant very smooth.

+1

"I generally stick with an R1 on kronos handle"

Great shave every day for years now.
Great quality, classic design.

Thinking about it some more, I'm sure my technique has a lot to do with my experience with SB base plates. My experience with the Blackbird is similar; the shaves are a lot more comfortable with the OC plate. As you can see in my sig, I'm a Steep Angle shaver, which OC razors seem to be particularly suited for.

There are a couple SB razors I still enjoy, but rarely take them for a drive.

you should do a WTT on the BST with your plates. I am sure someone has the OC out there and would swap some

That's a great idea ... should have thought of it myself before buying a new plate!

Pictures Sir, we demand pictures!!

Here you go!

IMG_20180720_073629102.jpg

Thinking about it some more, I'm sure my technique has a lot to do with my experience with SB base plates. My experience with the Blackbird is similar; the shaves are a lot more comfortable with the OC plate. As you can see in my sig, I'm a Steep Angle shaver, which OC razors seem to be particularly suited for.

There are a couple SB razors I still enjoy, but rarely take them for a drive.

That's a great idea ... should have thought of it myself before buying a new plate!

Here you go!

View attachment 898691

I think that the blue color of the base plate looks great with the stainless steel. Very attractive razor for sure and glad to hear you are enjoying it. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom