What's new

ATT m1

hello all,

I was looking for a mild but efficiënt razor and i bought an ATT m1. Its not here yet and i was wondering if anyone here used it and how they liked it.

I use a gamechanger .84sb for 2 day stuble and figured the m1 is good for when i want to shave everyday.

All responses are appreciated!

I had the Classic M1 and R1 plates. Used the M1 most of the time for most comfortable shave. R1 just a little too aggressive for me. My only complaint with the Classic was the blade feel with a 2 mm exposure. I also have the Windsor with the CM1 and SSR1 plates. Same applies, I prefer the CM1 plate. Windsor blade exposure only 1 mm and is more to my liking. YMMV, if you like blade feel, you will love the Classic or it may not bother you.

I love ATT razors and have the mild r1, m2 and recently the very mild m1. I shave every day and think this is why I find the m1 gives a very close shave with only 2 passes plus touch up. Listen for feedback and you will know the angle is right and you will get a very close. I've been using m1 this past month. No cuts, irritation etc, just skin in best condition of my life! You can whizz around your face with safety.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I used the m1 initially and then felt like i needed more so i got the r 1 and like that.

First of all, thank you for the replies. I never thought about blade exposure i only looked at the blade gap. Does anyone know what the blade gap is on a gamechanger .84? I think the exposure is whats making it to agressive for me. I should have asked more questions before buying it. Lucky i paid a good price. I will update once i get it!

I am not sure about the game changer but the Windsor Pro with the 1mm blade exposure matched with a M1 plate is a very smooth shaver. If you have ever used a vintage Glllette Super Speed (to me) that is the feel of the M plate. However, on my face the M1 plate is more efficient than the Super Speed. If teh M plate is to mild you have 30 days to exchange the plate. Can't loose.

Im sorry, i wat looking for the blade exposure of the gamechanger.
I believe the blade exposure is neutral. If you find it too much you are probably pressing too hard but with every new razor, you will have to experiment and dial it in.
I don't understand why some same it is too much for daily shaving; must be a technique problem.

No, that is correct.
Classic line is 1.5mm exposure, all gaps. That is direct from ATT themselves. M1 is still very smooth with the tiny gap.

Per the ATT Web site.
The blade exposure is 2mm, giving the Classic design its original "sing." Somewhere I have an email from Matt stating the blade exposure on the Windsor is 1mm. If you have both razors you can see the difference.

I haven't used the GC 84, but I do have a M2. I wouldn't worry about the exposure on the M1. It's not as harsh as it sounds because of the small gap.

Concerning M plates (on my face) the open comb plates are a touch milder. For me this is especially ture with the H1 vs H2 plates. Just sharing my experience with them.

Top Bottom