What's new

ATT M1 vs. FEATHER AS-D2 - Six week experiment [pics in next msg]

Just stumbled on this post. Thanks for the comparison and tips with the AS-D2. I'm still evaluating mine, and look forward to trying out some new things I picked up here.

New to the board, and this is my first post. I'm relatively new to DE shaving, having started out with a EJ89 about a month ago. Having had excellent results with my settled on blade (Astra SP) in this razor, I got the itch to try a 'luxury' razor and settled on the AS-D2.

As a head and face shaver, I have differing requirements from my razor. For my face, the AS-D2 is just awesome. BBS shaves, usually zero weepers, and it gets area's of my face and neck I simply can't get as well with the EJ. However, there are a couple spots on the back of my head where the AS-D2 struggles over some of the bumps, requiring multiple passes. The EJ just chews it up.

The difficulties the AS-D2 has I've felt were related to angle, and after reading this thread, I'm sure of it now. I'm going to try and be more conscious of angle on my next shave.

If/When I go with another 'luxury' razor, it'll be a ATT M1. Every time I see a shot of one, it just oozes quality. Also having a WIS addiction, the materials, fit, and finish really appeal to me!

I haven't used the AS-D2 but I'd try different blades with it. Myself, I didn't like Astra blades at all with a couple of razors. Not sure why because I expected to love them the way others did. Did the AS-D2 come with Feather blades?

Top Bottom