What's new

ATT Colossus vs Weber Classic for R41 head

I really like the head on the Muhle R41 I just bought, but the handle is awful. So smooth, there is nothing to grip. I want a long and heavy handle to attach to this thing. I've done some research and checked out an article on here, but I'd like first hand experience from people who like long heavy handles. Bulldog fans need not apply! Just kidding, feel free to throw your 2 cents in, but I don't care for short handles.

I don't want to shell out the coin for a high dollar handle if people don't like the texture or if it feels unbalanced, so tell me what you think! If you have other suggestions for me, please do let me know!

You're really just talking about quality level here…. Weber which is a great value, or ATT which is one of the finest products out there today. Both will serve you well. You also might want to consider the fairly cheap Shaving.ie stainless handle. It seems like a great option too.

I don't have any experience with either, however I do know a little about machining and a about metal. The stainless steel used in both is the same essentially. The machining process is likely going to be nearly identical. So why is ATT better? I did see the Shaving.ie handle on the article, but on their site could only find the short handle.

I like the Weber. Great texture, length and weight. I also ordered a Sabi T1 for the handle. It is heavier and thicker. I also liked the shave so much I pif'd my EJ 89 I originally got the weber for.

Haven't tried the ATT but I love my Weber classic handle. It's beautiful, and no other handle fits my hand so well.

The handle is actually nicely plated. The texture isn't as deep or sharp as the Weber but still provides a positive grip.

I really like the head on the Muhle R41 I just bought, but the handle is awful. So smooth, there is nothing to grip. I want a long and heavy handle to attach to this thing. I've done some research and checked out an article on here, but I'd like first hand experience from people who like long heavy handles. Bulldog fans need not apply! Just kidding, feel free to throw your 2 cents in, but I don't care for short handles.

I don't want to shell out the coin for a high dollar handle if people don't like the texture or if it feels unbalanced, so tell me what you think! If you have other suggestions for me, please do let me know!

Tradere handle.

$R41 Tradere handle.jpg

I have tried both the Weber and Colossus handles on my R41. Both work much better than the stock R41 handle. If you have large hands I would suggest the colossus. It's four inches in length and weighs more than the Weber. Eventually your RAD will draw you to the ATT razor. The handle will already be paid for an in your shaving arsenal.

Last edited:
I do have large hands, that is why I am tempted by a large and heavy handle. Actually just found out about UFO handles as well. The Kaiser looks perfect. Too bad they aren't being made anymore! May have to see if someone has one they'd be willing to part with.

Sabi T1, for me, was too thick and heavy for R41.
Tradere is ok, but I prefer weber classic handle. Not too thick or heavy, and long enough.

Having sold off my R41, my tradere handle is now paired with the nickel plated fatip head.

I actually reached out to a local machinist with a picture and some numbers to see what it would cost to get a handle similar to the UFO Kaiser made. I do like the look of the weber, but can't seem to snag one. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the Tradere handle. At least aesthetically. I can't speak to functionality obviously.

I love the knurling on the Weber handles -- it's almost like on a powerlifting bar(bell) -- no chance of that thing slipping. To me the Classic is a bit thin. I like the feel of the bulldog in terms of the diameter, but that's too short for you. I haven't used the Colossus. The ATT Kronos (or mine, originally, was a "Titan", which is I think exactly the same as the Kronos) is not as long as the Weber classic, but a bit thicker. Sort of a compromise between the two Webers, with a more "refined" knurling pattern that is also not going to slip.

Sorry I can't say anything about the Colossus itself.

I love the knurling on the Weber handles -- it's almost like on a powerlifting bar(bell) -- no chance of that thing slipping. To me the Classic is a bit thin. I like the feel of the bulldog in terms of the diameter, but that's too short for you. I haven't used the Colossus. The ATT Kronos (or mine, originally, was a "Titan", which is I think exactly the same as the Kronos) is not as long as the Weber classic, but a bit thicker. Sort of a compromise between the two Webers, with a more "refined" knurling pattern that is also not going to slip.

Sorry I can't say anything about the Colossus itself.

The appearance of the knurling is what appeals to me with the weber, although I'm also a bit worried I'd feel it is too thin. The Colossus does look very nice, but unfortunately, second hand I can't find any evidence of one. I'm trying to curb my spending on shaving as it has gotten a bit out of hand in the last couple months, so I'm trying not to buy anything else retail.

I'm very happy with the Weber bulldog on my m41( I'm a short handle fan). The classic or longer handle is a better deal than the bulldog as they are the same price!

Last I checked, the Weber Classic and Bulldog handles weighed the same. The Bulldog is thicker (wider diameter). If I remember my high school physics, they have the same amount of metal.

I wasn't aware they weighed the same. I had assume the added length was more volume than the added girth. Then again, I didn't take physics in high school!

So I will change my previous statement to more machining for your money.

And my memory is quite poor for such ancient studies.... but at least last I checked, the two handles did indeed weigh the same.

I have used both. To me the colossus is much nicer. It is thicker, the same diameter the whole way and looks nicer to me. It will be hard to find either used though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom