What's new

ATT bronze razor

Looking for some input.
I was playing with the idea of machining a limited number of razors out of bronze. They would look shiny like brass at first and then start their slow transition to the classic brown that gives bronze that unique look. They could come with a smooth polished look of we could keep the matte finish we use now.
Also what do you guys think about a limited run of polished stainless razors for the Christmas season? The process would require more man hours so the price would be more. Therefore, I thinking of them as a seasonal gift.
Opinions welcome.

The polished stainless sounds intriguing. I also like brass heads. I currently have the Ikon SBS. The brass look is beautiful on razors, so the bronze would be interesting.

Last edited:
It's always about options and both of yours are great! Seasonal items especially around the holidays are pretty good since they add that extra bit of exclusivity. Announcing them now increases the anticipation :) but also gives us enough time to save money and/or give some hints to the SWMBO

Thanks for the feed back. I have been thinking of a number of things for this year. I have a silver tip brush project that continues to have problems. The shape and dimensions have been settled but I an not happy with the finish. Anyway the razors should be easier to work out.
Keep the comments coming.

What if the brush matched the style and/or color of the seasonal razor offering? Then you could offer them together as a combo. That would be an amazing gift for the holidays.:badger: Or you could match the bronze design.

What if the brush matched the style and/or color of the seasonal razor offering? Then you could offer them together as a combo. That would be an amazing gift for the holidays.:badger: Or you could match the bronze design.

The brush plays off the design of the Ink Well stand. I think it will be a nice addition once we get the finish and material worked out.

That sounds great. I'm looking forward to the design. Bathrooms everywhere will be that much classier. Would you consider offering handles/a stand to match the bronze razor head?

You know Stan I just has my S2 polished and its absolutely gorgeous!!!! It looks like apiece of jewelry I think a polished ATT line should be permanent addition along with the satin

Almost 2 years ago I purchased a -VISCONTI VOLCANIC LAVA WITH BRONZE TRIM - beautiful pen.
Often, I stop to admire the Bronze work.

Makes me wonder why it is not used/offered more., and not just in pens. Is cost inline with working in stainless? More difficult to machine? Are raw materials easily obtainable? Enquiring minds....

It is such a classic look. An uncommon commodity indeed.

You have me drooling in anticipation.
Sign me up, I'm in!

It would add special touch to the ppl who appreciate ATT razors. I would love to add one , any idea if it be in any one of the 3 variants (slant, safety bar, open comb) or all of them?

It would add special touch to the ppl who appreciate ATT razors. I would love to add one , any idea if it be in any one of the 3 variants (slant, safety bar, open comb) or all of them?

I was thinking of a limited run. There would be a significant cost to duplicate the inventory with matte and polished.
However if the demand was strong enough...

The only recommendation I would add, is to choose alumabronze (aluminum bronze) over regular bronze. It develops a beautiful pearlescent patina in the parts that get handled, in the cracks and crevices it does turn brown, just like regular bronze. It's also been called "Phantom Brass" if you find the name alumabronze less catchy.

In the picture below, the top shiny ring is also alumabronze, but hasn't developed a patina yet.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom