What's new

ATT Atlas SE2: Measurements, Photo Analysis, Review

Yes, but if two razors are nearly identical in specs, they should feel similar with all other things being equal (user, technique, lather, etc.). Right?
I was trying to agree with Jim that (simple)specs don't tell the whole the whole story. The two razors I mentioned have a similar blade angle and exposure, but the design of the safety bar is dramatically different. It seems like this is a missing piece when somebody says two razors feel different. Obviously, your more thorough measurements should shed some light on why.

I was trying to agree with Jim that (simple)specs don't tell the whole the whole story. The two razors I mentioned have a similar blade angle and exposure, but the design of the safety bar is dramatically different. It seems like this is a missing piece when somebody says two razors feel different. Obviously, your more thorough measurements should shed some light on why.
That makes sense. When I talk of specs, I'm including guard span, blade gap, etc. The design of the guard is very important. My measurements try to capture the important dimensions so that razors can be fairly compared with quantitative metrics. Actually, I'll probably start adding curvature measurements of the guard and cap. That would help describe the general shape of the guard and cap.

Top Bottom