What's new

ATT AL razors

For those of you that have been following ATT on the vendors forum, you probably heard mention of Stan coming out with a new series of ATT razors. This one is the AL series made from machined aluminum instead of stainless steel. It finally got released today and looks like a beauty with a grey and blue finish. Best part is that you get the ATT quality at half the price.

It is officially called the Calypso and comes either with a M1 or R1 base plate. If all goes well, the other heads and base plates will probably follow. Check it out.

Wow I hadn't heard of this (just been enjoying my daily shaves with the Atlas H1 day in and day out). It's pretty much the only razor I use anymore.

The seem to be a bit confused with their metallurgy. :001_rolle
Calypso R1 - Aluminum Safety Razor
Above the Tie is proud to offer the Calypso R1 Safety Razor, hand crafted from solid 303 stainless steel here in the USA.
There's a similar description for the M1 version.
View attachment 703151I strongly suspect a cut & paste shortcut is to blame.

Hope ATT has a 7075 Aluminum SE on the way. May want to start preorders. Seems like all 6061 SE versions are selling quick.
Unfortunately I have been grabbing my SE Hawk more than my ATT SE1. Like the lightness with those crazy sharp blades.

ATT Calypso SE1 PLEASE

Last edited:
Still out of my budget for the near future, but they look good. I hope they do prove sufficiently popular to fill out the rest of the lineup.

If all goes well, the other heads and base plates will probably follow. Check it out.
This is exactly what I came to ask. I have an ATT 5-piece Kronos set now, but I want to try something that's lighter weight but with the same level precision. The "R" plate is my daily driver, but I'd ultimately want an "H" plate for those rushed one-pass days, and if that's released I'll probably order an "M" plate too just to complete the set (because I'm obsessive like that).

The colors are just beautiful, I love that blue! And a 3.5" Atlas-style handle? SIGN ME UP!!

If those other plates are on the roadmap I'll order TODAY. Anyone have any inside info?

Also, will there be a matching gray stand be released? I know it might be too light to really anchor the razor like the stainless version, but like I said, I'm obsessive about certain details and color/finish matching is pretty important to me.

Last edited:
Maybe Stan can confirm but I bet the normal stainless steel plates will work with the AL parts. Be a custom weight with say a R on the AL top cap and handle.
Judging by the looks of it, they will probably fit just fine. But I'm a purist in that sense, and I won't go crossing streams if I can help it. I know, it's stupid.

Top Bottom