What's new

Atomizer users, how much do you use?

Hey all, as the title states, how many sprays do you use when using an atomizer? I usually use about 5 sprays, 1 on the left cheek, 1on the right cheek , 1 on the left side of the neck, 1 on the right side of the neck and 1 in the middle and then rub in. Is this usual or am I using too much? Prior to owning an atomizer I would usually pour as small amount on my left palm, rub between my hands and then my face, and then repeat. I feel that currently I am using more product than before, which goes against what atomizers are meant to do. Please let me know what your routine is. Thanks for reading.

When I used atomizers for aftershave, I used about three or four sprays. I sprayed myself in the eyes one too many times, so now I just unscrew the cap and pour some out in my hand and apply it that way.

I NEVER spray directly on to my face. It never even occurred to me that that is what you do with an atomizer, and I really don't think barbers do it, either. I put three full pumps with the atomizer into my cupped hand, pat my hands together, and then pat the aftershave on to my face.

Spraying directly on the face seems like a really bad idea, to me. I apply aftershave pretty sparingly; just enough to sterilize and soothe. A 400ml bottle with an atomizer lasts a long time.

Don

I NEVER spray directly on to my face. It never even occurred to me that that is what you do with an atomizer, and I really don't think barbers do it, either. I put three full pumps with the atomizer into my cupped hand, pat my hands together, and then pat the aftershave on to my face.

Spraying directly on the face seems like a really bad idea, to me. I apply aftershave pretty sparingly; just enough to sterilize and soothe. A 400ml bottle with an atomizer lasts a long time.

Don
Wow, I can't believe that you never thought to spray it directly onto your face. After reading your comment I went and read the product description on the site that I purchased the atomizer from and it says that the atomizer allows for even distribution on the skin. So I guessing that they do in fact intend for you to spray it on your face. On a side note the only barber I have seen use one is Bugs Bunny, and he sprayed it directly onto Elmer Fudds face. LOL. :a14:

Don
This.

Wow, I can't believe that you never thought to spray it directly onto your face. After reading your comment I went and read the product description on the site that I purchased the atomizer from and it says that the atomizer allows for even distribution on the skin. So I guessing that they do in fact intend for you to spray it on your face. On a side note the only barber I have seen use one is Bugs Bunny, and he sprayed it directly onto Elmer Fudds face. LOL. :a14:
With closed eyes of course and with holding your breath too..

With closed eyes of course and with holding your breath too..
That's the way I put Insect repellent on. A friend of mine started laughing when he saw me. Never occurred to me to spray it into my palm, rub together, then rub on face. That's how he does it.

In regards to all the comments above, my eyes are important to me. Blasting aerosol products anywhere near them makes me nervous. Patting my face with two dampened palms allows for even distribution, and there's little, if any waste using the atomizer.

Well, that's how I do it. You did ask!:001_smile I don't bathe in the stuff; I look at it as a toner, conditioner, and sterilizer. Hope this helps. Take care of your eyes; they perform an important function for you that you might be taking for granted if you shoot chemicals toward them.

Don

In regards to all the comments above, my eyes are important to me. Blasting aerosol products anywhere near them makes me nervous. Patting my face with two dampened palms allows for even distribution, and there's little, if any waste using the atomizer.

Well, that's how I do it. You did ask!:001_smile I don't bathe in the stuff; I look at it as a toner, conditioner, and sterilizer. Hope this helps. Take care of your eyes; they perform an important function for you that you might be taking for granted if you shoot chemicals toward them.

Don
Thanks for your comments @Black Adder , I didn't intend any offense with my comment above, I'm just surprised to see that a lot of users don't spray directly on the face as I always thought that was the intended purpose of an atomizer. I have learnt something new and that is always a good thing. Enjoy your shaves and keep well.
Regards,
Peter.

I spray it on my face and then use hands to pat dry. However it is not always a good idea when I am in hurry and my breakfast steals some scent from lips. Also the atomiser should be fine and not just a nozzle projecting in general direction.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I normally spray the fragrance on my chest. I use Emu Oil Lotion on my face after I shave and then spray the fragrance on my chest. Usually 4 to 5 sprays, one each side top chest, one in the middle and then 2 on each side of the mid chest. If I am refreshing the spray during the day I may just go one spray each side of the neck.

I'll use two sprays to avoid being "that guy" who is noticed immediately upon entry to a room. More often I'll pour and slap it on.

I use an atomizer all the time. I spray about 4 sprays, two left, two right and rub it all over my face. I just close my eyes and have never ever had an issue. It has extended the life of my aftershave so much, the two 1L bottles of Myrsol I have, have lasted two years so far and they are only 1/3 and 1/2 used.

I use atomizers for my vintage Avon. But I use them as measuring devices, not applicators. Avon bottles are impossible to use.

I spray about 7 sprays into my palm and apply that way.

Very interesting to see how everyone has their own way of doing things. I'm starting to think that I might be "that" guy in the room! LOL.:jump:

Top Bottom