What are your nicknames/aliases?
ATG76

Where do you live?
Milwaukee Oregon

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Retired clinical social worker

What is your favorite shave setup?
Gillette Slim or Brit Rocket HD, my grandpa's very old EverReady 1000 handle with a new plisson knot, and a huge thrift store coffe mug full of WSC rustic or Mitchell's wool fat.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Hobbies: Music: singing, big lp collection and an embarrassment of guitars that all play better than I do. Reading as widely as I can. Favorite pastime : spending time with my cat. Cats are endlessly fascinating to me. Year round in the Oregon Coast Range mountains and forests hiking, communing with the flora and fauna, no hunting but a bit of target shooting.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I don't really care so much about achieving bbs, but I'm glad to be learning about de shaving. I started out around 1960 (9th grade) with what I'm pretty sure was a Gillette slim and a crappy drugstore shaving brush on first peach fuzz, and continued with that till about 1970 when my hitch in the army ended. I can't remember exactly when or how I parted with the slim or when I switched to the combination of disposable trac IIs and a succession of noisy electric razors that have made shaving a chore and nuisance for decades. I've been retired since 2012, and rejoice daily in having the time to do what I want the way I want to do it. I'm glad I finally got around to making a proper shave part of that freedom. In the greater scheme of things shaving may seem trivial, but as you all know, if it's worth doing it's worth doing right, and fun as well. It's a perfect excuse to indulge one's gearhead side, and more affordably and sanely than with many hobbies. And no doubt best of all, the folks at badger and blade consistently exemplify courtesy, intelligence, wit, enthusiasm, a democratic feeling of inclusiveness, and other qualities that seem to me often lacking in most spheres of current life, at least in my own. Post modern life, with or without covid, can make one feel estranged from one's humanity. I'm surprised and pleased to find as simple thing as my morning shave offering me a way back in. Best wishes to all for the remains of Summer and a cool slide into Autumn.
Sherman

Top Bottom