What's new

Asylum RX razor

Thanks for the generous offer. I actually have a loaner coming.
I really don't need or want much in the line of razors but this one has really got me lusting for it. I'm hoping that I will hate it though. I can't afford it.

One can't deny their true feelings amigo....
:001_tt2::001_tt1::001_tt2::lol:

IMG_0579.GIF

If you just scroll couple of pages back in this thread you can see my opinion and a couple of people responded. On mobile otherwise would have added those quotes here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any improvements with the shaves & the Rx? Have the Kai blades been working out for you so far?

The Kai worked out well but for a daily driver Rx turned out to be too aggressive for me and I sold it while retaining my SE1. Just somehow I find SE1 to be very forgiving using for daily shave.

Completely understand. You gave it a go, that's all you can do. Great and comfortable shaves are all that matters. Good luck and happy shaves with the SE1 amigo.... :thumbsup:

Completely understand. You gave it a go, that's all you can do. Great and comfortable shaves are all that matters. Good luck and happy shaves with the SE1 amigo.... :thumbsup:

Yep with a sensitive skin aggressive razors just don't work for me. [emoji106]

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have looked over the thread, and still have this question about the SE1/SE2 vs. the Asylum Rx:

I get that some prefer one over the other, but I don't get why? I understand that the SE1/SE2 are less aggressive, but which is more efficient? Which can remove hair faster?

I have looked over the thread, and still have this question about the SE1/SE2 vs. the Asylum Rx:

I get that some prefer one over the other, but I don't get why? I understand that the SE1/SE2 are less aggressive, but which is more efficient? Which can remove hair faster?
I wish I can give you an answer my friend. Unfortunately, at this moment I cannot. For I have neither of the ATT models that you speak of. I believe @chaturvedi11 has tried them both, and has come away with in his experience the ATT models are smoother and more efficient for him. Hopefully he answers your post and can give you a better explanation and idea between the difference in shaves between the ATT models and the Asylum Rx....:)

I've owned the Rx and still own the SE1. For me the SE1 was smoother and more efficient. Not saying it removed more hair per pass, but that I could shave more quickly and it took less time because it's a much more mild razor. I don't get along with aggressive razors so the SE1 is a better fit for me. I really wanted the Rx to be my end all, but it was a little too much for my sensitive skin.

The blade is removing the hair, not the razor!

I will say both are efficient as it also depends on your hair, skin ,blade you are using( not forgetting the soap and your lather). I kept all other factors same to compare and to use Asylum for me was taking a part of skin along with the hair for me, as i said too aggressive for me for a daily shave while i am able to use SE1 daily as it is a bit mild. Its just a question where nearly everyone will say its YMMV, you can only know after trying. Actually to add to your confusion, i found the General at half the cost gave me an equivalent shave as ATT SE1 :001_tongu

I will say both are efficient as it also depends on your hair, skin ,blade you are using( not forgetting the soap and your lather). I kept all other factors same to compare and to use Asylum for me was taking a part of skin along with the hair for me, as i said too aggressive for me for a daily shave while i am able to use SE1 daily as it is a bit mild. Its just a question where nearly everyone will say its YMMV, you can only know after trying. Actually to add to your confusion, i found the General at half the cost gave me an equivalent shave as ATT SE1 :001_tongu
Very well said amigo....:thumbup1:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I wish I can give you an answer my friend. Unfortunately, at this moment I cannot. For I have neither of the ATT models that you speak of. I believe @chaturvedi11 has tried them both, and has come away with in his experience the ATT models are smoother and more efficient for him. Hopefully he answers your post and can give you a better explanation and idea between the difference in shaves between the ATT models and the Asylum Rx....:)

I've owned the Rx and still own the SE1. For me the SE1 was smoother and more efficient. Not saying it removed more hair per pass, but that I could shave more quickly and it took less time because it's a much more mild razor. I don't get along with aggressive razors so the SE1 is a better fit for me. I really wanted the Rx to be my end all, but it was a little too much for my sensitive skin.

These responses are actually quite useful. I used a General on a loan from an incredibly generous member. It was a hair less close - maybe it was equal - to my iKon Tech (it was much more comfortable, however). I am used to aggressive razors, and am looking for something that can shave even closer than my iKon Tech. From speaking with @pbrmhl and borrowing his PAA DOC Evo, I know that there are razors out there that get my closer BBS than even my ikon tech. I am anxiously awaiting my turn with the Rx...

These responses are actually quite useful. I used a General on a loan from an incredibly generous member. It was a hair less close - maybe it was equal - to my iKon Tech (it was much more comfortable, however). I am used to aggressive razors, and am looking for something that can shave even closer than my iKon Tech. From speaking with @pbrmhl and borrowing his PAA DOC Evo, I know that there are razors out there that get my closer BBS than even my ikon tech. I am anxiously awaiting my turn with the Rx...

Well, if you like aggressive razors the Rx is right up your alley. I enjoy my Rx. Incredibly efficient with a Kai blade, whether a Captain, Titan Mild Pink or the ProTouch MG. All provide smooth and clean shaves. The Feather Pro and the Rx? Now that's when it really shows its true colors. Viciously sharp, but efficient and if used with a very light touch and care, amazing. @pbrmhl sent me a couple samples of the Pro and I bought 3 boxes with a coupon code from a vendor I purchase from. For me, it's the pinnacle in achieving a fantastic, BBS shave daily. Only my 2 prized straights, Wade & Butcher Wedge and Boker Celebrated are on par with it.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Well, if you like aggressive razors the Rx is right up your alley. I enjoy my Rx. Incredibly efficient with a Kai blade, whether a Captain, Titan Mild Pink or the ProTouch MG. All provide smooth and clean shaves. The Feather Pro and the Rx? Now that's when it really shows its true colors. Viciously sharp, but efficient and if used with a very light touch and care, amazing. @pbrmhl sent me a couple samples of the Pro and I bought 3 boxes with a coupon code from a vendor I purchase from. For me, it's the pinnacle in achieving a fantastic, BBS shave daily. Only my 2 prized straights, Wade & Butcher Wedge and Boker Celebrated are on par with it.
That @pbrmhl is great... I am staying in the annual restraint by living vicariously through him. Given that my daily driver is an ikon tech, what's normal to most people is soft to me.

I have high hopes for the Rx with my feather pros...

Top Bottom