What's new

Asylum RX owners

Does anyone that have this razor think it's not well suited for sensitive skin? I do fine with the El Jefe and Razorock Hawk so far when I use the Kai blades, but I am getting RAD and want this razor badly. I tend to not bode well with aggressive DE's and stuck with techs,but SE's have been good so far. I wanted to get input from those more experienced.

The RX is aggressive and I came very close to giving up on mine. The range of blade options made it possible to temper that aggressiveness and find a blade combo that turned the RX from a razor I almost gave up on to my current favorite.

The RX is aggressive and I came very close to giving up on mine. The range of blade options made it possible to temper that aggressiveness and find a blade combo that turned the RX from a razor I almost gave up on to my current favorite.
Was it the Kai mild you love by chance ?

Kai mild (pink) is like a Feather on the 2nd shave, much smoother and just as sharp.
RX is an excellent tool - heavier and bigger than El Jefe - but easily manageable. Hawk is very, very mild, imo, i can hardly feel it. Yes, RX is more "aggressive" than El Jefe but i wouldn't say is overly so.. once you get used to the weight you're golden

Last edited:
The best razor in my rotation, hands down. The shaves I get from it assimilates my straight razor shaves. Very, very close and longevity is just as good. My skin is not sensitive, just extremely sensitive and I have had no problems with it except for a couple of nicks and weepers during the first week of use with it dialing in the angle and adjusting. The AC style blades are superb paired with this razor. Excellent shaves with Kai Captain Original & Titan Pink Mild. Feather Pro takes it up a notch and is my preffered blade with the Rx.

Can't speak of the other razors you mentioned since I've never used neither. So I can't make a comparison to them.

Ever fancy trying a straight razor shave but just didn't have the cojones to try it? Then this is up your alley. Rx is the next closest razor to it imo....

i have one and the shaves so far, whilst extremely close, have not been as comfortable as my other razors. Its a bit of a catch 22 scenario in that the shave is harsh since i haven't given it a fair shake to learn the ins and outs, but i haven't given it a fair shake because it is harsh. I have almost every SE razor produced today and the RX is definitely at one end of the spectrum. I will likely sell mine as i don't think that i will invest the time / energy required to make it work on a daily basis for me

I just ordered one last night. I so liked the shave I've been getting from the hawk, but I wanted something a little heavier/less flimsy feeling. We will see. There is also one for sale in BST, and a few on eBay.

I just ordered one last night. I so liked the shave I've been getting from the hawk, but I wanted something a little heavier/less flimsy feeling. We will see. There is also one for sale in BST, and a few on eBay.
Congrats and Enjoy! Love my Rx. It's not a hawk, it's a different beast altogether. But a glorious one it is.... :thumbsup:

I am now on my third shave with my Asylum. The first two were rough... the Kai Mild was tugging a fair bit and that resulted in a few weepers and my face feeling a bit raw after the shave. The third shave seemed the turning point. I've hit the angle sweet spot and achieved a good compromise between comfort and effectiveness. But still not convinced about the Kai Mild... on my Razorock Silverhawk it performs great, not so much on the Asylum.

proxy.php

I am now on my third shave with my Asylum. The first two were rough... the Kai Mild was tugging a fair bit and that resulted in a few weepers and my face feeling a bit raw after the shave. The third shave seemed the turning point. I've hit the angle sweet spot and achieved a good compromise between comfort and effectiveness. But still not convinced about the Kai Mild... on my Razorock Silverhawk it performs great, not so much on the Asylum.

proxy.php
Excellent! Keep at it, they get better and better. I put in about 13-14 shaves on one Kai Mild Pink blade and about 6-7 on the Kai Captain. Both very good. Then I tried the Feather Pro, and it was amazing. Put in a couple more shaves with the Kai just to get more comfortable and then drop in a Pro. Awesome combo...

first shave today with it. A little rough, several nicks and some irritation, but I think I was a little sunburned, from yesterday. Its cool that you can use just a part of the blade like a straight razor, To trim under the nose for example, or corner of the mouth. I love the heft of it. But definitely will need to refine my technique with it.

So are these the captain blades or the mild pink? it says mild, but I guess these are the captain blades?
IMG_0854.JPG

Mine actually say PINK. My Asylum RX comes tomorrow according to USPS tracking.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First shave with mine this morning - Wow! I used the Feather ProGuard - only 1 nick that was my fault! The heft and quality are amazing! I'm very happy with purchase!

Excellent! Keep at it, they get better and better. I put in about 13-14 shaves on one Kai Mild Pink blade and about 6-7 on the Kai Captain. Both very good. Then I tried the Feather Pro, and it was amazing. Put in a couple more shaves with the Kai just to get more comfortable and then drop in a Pro. Awesome combo...

Had first shave with mine today - was amazing! Used the feather ProGuard - being cautious and glad I did. Close shave without much irritation. There is a learning curve but will be worth it I think!

Had first shave with mine today - was amazing! Used the feather ProGuard - being cautious and glad I did. Close shave without much irritation. There is a learning curve but will be worth it I think!

Take your time, relaxed hand and smooth as a whistle. Before you know it, best shave this side of a straight razor.....:001_cool:

Top Bottom