What's new

Asylum Levante-Three Ways To Enjoy

Around the beginning of the year, we released a new triple milled shave soap that we named Asylum Levante. This soap is made for us in Spain and both the performance and post shave skin care is phenomenal. Because it is a triple milled soap, it lasts an extremely long time. I've been using the same puck daily since early December and, its still going strong 6 months later. So...the cost per shave is extremely affordable.

We now offer the soap in your choice of shave puck refills, wooden bowls, or really heavy duty CNC Machined anodized aluminum bowls. The anodized aluminum bowls are machined in Huntington Beach, CA and weigh well over a pound when empty. When you are finished with your Levante puck, they also fit Mitchell's Wool Fat, Czech & Speake, LEA and a host of other soaps. Of course, you can also simply buy a refill puck of Levante to replenish it as well.

The scent is based on a classic Spanish fragrance that features Rosemary, Orange Blossom, Bergamot and Lemon. It is very pleasant but not overpowering so that you can pair it with your favorite aftershave and not worry about the scents clashing.

For those who are interested in the ingredient list...here you go.

Ingredients:

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Potasium Palm Kernelate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Cocamide DEA, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum ( Fragrance ), Titanium Dioxide, Shea Butter, Sodium Chloride,Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentatate, TreasodiumEDTA, Citral, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol
Levante-Revill.jpg
Wood-Bowl.jpg
Asylum-Bowl-1.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Around the beginning of the year, we released a new triple milled shave soap that we named Asylum Levante. This soap is made for us in Spain and both the performance and post shave skin care is phenomenal. Because it is a triple milled soap, it lasts an extremely long time. I've been using the same puck daily since early December and, its still going strong 6 months later. So...the cost per shave is extremely affordable.

We now offer the soap in your choice of shave puck refills, wooden bowls, or really heavy duty CNC Machined anodized aluminum bowls. The anodized aluminum bowls are machined in Huntington Beach, CA and weigh well over a pound when empty. When you are finished with your Levante puck, they also fit Mitchell's Wool Fat, Czech & Speake, LEA and a host of other soaps. Of course, you can also simply buy a refill puck of Levante to replenish it as well.

The scent is based on a classic Spanish fragrance that features Rosemary, Orange Blossom, Bergamot and Lemon. It is very pleasant but not overpowering so that you can pair it with your favorite aftershave and not worry about the scents clashing.

Ingredients:

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Potasium Palm Kernelate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Cocamide DEA, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum ( Fragrance ), Titanium Dioxide, Shea Butter, Sodium Chloride,Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentatate, TreasodiumEDTA, Citral, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol
View attachment 1466940View attachment 1466942View attachment 1466943
My only wish is that you'll eventually sell the Aluminum container separately.... It's a lovely design.... I have too many soaps at the moment but I'm not a collector. ;)

Ingredients:

View attachment 1466940View attachment 1466942View attachment 1466943

I purchased the Levante soap and it smells very nice but I'm not entirely sure what scent you're talking about when you say it's based on a classic Spanish fragrance.

I'm looking for an aftershave to go with the Levante and if you could make a recommendation I would appreciate it very much.

I purchased the Levante soap and it smells very nice but I'm not entirely sure what scent you're talking about when you say it's based on a classic Spanish fragrance.

I'm looking for an aftershave to go with the Levante and if you could make a recommendation I would appreciate it very much.
The scent is inspired by the classic Myrurgia 1916 Colonia. In terms of an aftershave, I'm not sure if there is an exact match. Fortunately, the scent of the soap does not really linger on your face once you wash off after your shave. I'd suggest simply using your favorite aftershaves; they should not clash.

Thanks for identifying the original inspiration. I'll search out some aftershaves that are
modeled on that scent. But even if I can't find anything, I've definitely got plenty of aftershaves to try with the Levante soap.

I purchased the Levante along with the Flying Mango and the Levante seems more strongly scented than the Mango so I imagine the Mango scent won't stick around long either. Excited to try both these soaps out. I'm very familiar with SV soaps though so I imagine I'll be very happy with the Flying Mango.

Thanks for identifying the original inspiration. I'll search out some aftershaves that are
modeled on that scent. But even if I can't find anything, I've definitely got plenty of aftershaves to try with the Levante soap.

I purchased the Levante along with the Flying Mango and the Levante seems more strongly scented than the Mango so I imagine the Mango scent won't stick around long either. Excited to try both these soaps out. I'm very familiar with SV soaps though so I imagine I'll be very happy with the Flying Mango.
Its interesting how scents are perceived differently by different people. To my nose, the Flying Mango is scented more strongly but you are not the first to find the Levante to be more strongly scented. I'll be interested to hear how both perform for you.

Its interesting how scents are perceived differently by different people. To my nose, the Flying Mango is scented more strongly but you are not the first to find the Levante to be more strongly scented. I'll be interested to hear how both perform for you.

I already know I'm going to enjoy the Flying Mango. I have several SV soaps and they perform very well for me. I was looking for something a little milder in the scent department than their typical offerings which, to my nose, the Flying Mango is.

Regarding the Levante, I just wanted to try something new. Will let you know how it performs though.

I had both soaps open next to me after delivery and I kept smelling the Levante over the Flying Mango. It's funny how our noses are all different.

Is the intent to lather the soap in the aluminum bowl, or is the bowl used only for storage? From the pics it looks like the bowl is not deep enough to lather directly. I guess my question is: Is the bowl intended to be used as a shaving bowl or storage bowl?

Is the intent to lather the soap in the aluminum bowl, or is the bowl used only for storage? From the pics it looks like the bowl is not deep enough to lather directly. I guess my question is: Is the bowl intended to be used as a shaving bowl or storage bowl?
It isn't a lather bowl...its much like a wooden bowl for Harris or Penhaligons or more accurately, its like the spun aluminum bowls for Czech & Speake. You can load directly from the bowl but then you would either face lather or use a lather bowl to build your lather.

Finally tried the Asylum Levante tonight and it performed amazing. The lather was very slick and protective. Post shave was neither drying nor too heavy. I can't think of another soap I use that's better, including SV, MdC, and Los Jabones de Joserra. Those are my go-to soaps when I require a great shave and Levante is right there. Wonderful scent that isn't overpowering as well. Still need to find an aftershave that matches the scent though.

Finally tried the Asylum Levante tonight and it performed amazing. The lather was very slick and protective. Post shave was neither drying nor too heavy. I can't think of another soap I use that's better, including SV, MdC, and Los Jabones de Joserra. Those are my go-to soaps when I require a great shave and Levante is right there. Wonderful scent that isn't overpowering as well. Still need to find an aftershave that matches the scent though.
Excellent! I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying the Levante soap. Its one of my favorites as well.

Top Bottom