What's new

Astra Superior Stainless Steel

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The Astra Superior Stainless are one good blade, Sharp & smooth, Similar to a Gillette Nacet blade IMO. I bought 100 pcs Astra SS off Amazon and the person backed out of the deal, typo issue when entering the price he claimed, it was for a great price I recall.
Great blade but the Gillette Astra SP is my standard for comparing other blades because it was the first 100pc blade I bought, both Gillette Astra blades are great and affordably priced for most to buy 100pcs usually. For some reason the Astra SS blades are priced a little more than the ASTRA SP I have noticed, Why I do not know?

Stainless blades are generally less irritating to the skin than platinum blades both are sharp but the stainless has a bit less longevity.I think the Astra ss is a good blade almost identical to the new Tiger Stainless or the Gillette Winner Stainless.I think Stainless blades are the way to go.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

If you search, you will find several similar threads.

Astra Superior Platinum blades are not quite sharp enough for may coarse beard, but for many they are sharp enough. Thus, they are a very popular blade.

For folks with coarse beards like mine, the Astra Superior Stainless blades are significantly sharper. These are excellent blades and at the price per 100, they represent a good value.

Some other blades in the under $10/100 price range that you might like are:
Dorco Prime Platinum STP301
SuperMax Blue Diamond
Sharp Titanium blades by Durablade
Shark Platinum and/or Lord Platinum blades

I find all of these blades to be both sharp and smooth, but everyone differs in their preferences. Just because I like them in my razors, you might not like them in yours.

Top Bottom