What's new

ASTRA – SUPERIOR PLATINUM DOUBLE EDGE BLADES

Has anyone noticed the newer

ASTRA – SUPERIOR PLATINUM DOUBLE EDGE BLADES​

aren't as sharp as they were in the recent past. The ones I got no longer number the sides and Astra is laser printed. I have been using Astra for more than 5 years and I detect a real difference in my last batch.

Can’t say about the sharpness as I prefer the Superior Stainless (blue pack). Reading some threads here P&G switched from inking to laser etching and back again. Newest production should be inked again. Laser etched ones are most probably 2019 production.

Discussed at length in this recent thread:

I have tried a variety of Astra SP blades from various sources over the past five years. None of the ones I have tried have been very sharp. Some were inked; some were laser etched. Maybe years ago they were sharp, but not in the past few years.

Has anyone noticed the newer

ASTRA – SUPERIOR PLATINUM DOUBLE EDGE BLADES​

aren't as sharp as they were in the recent past. The ones I got no longer number the sides and Astra is laser printed. I have been using Astra for more than 5 years and I detect a real difference in my last batch.
Hi kdflap,

Gillette St. Petersburg switched to the laser etching a a few years ago. I've a couple 100 blade packs of the Astra SPs purchased in late 2018/early 2019 that are laser etched. From others posts this was done to reduce the chance of counterfeiting. Blades have performed well for me.

Would be concerned that anything still inked at this point could be old production or fake.

Top Bottom