What's new

Astra SP Quality?

I've converted to safety razor shaving as of May this year.

I've managed somehow to have 4 razors in my possession and I use them all.

Since the blades and soaps are the big consumables, they are the ones that I have been experimenting with. I've been working my way through a sample pack and so far I compare everything to the Astra SP blade. That one really stands out head and shoulders above the rest.

There are some great deals on a certain website for 100 of these blades but I noticed that depending on which box of 100 there is different (foreign language) printing on each one.
I don't know what it says or even what language it is.

Is one better than another? I see lots of talk about a given blade being made in one country has different quality than another.

I'd like to get in on the deal if I knew that these were good blades.

Can someone advise me?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put a link here. Next stop is reading the rules.

Dirty

Two votes for Astra SS already. I'll give them a try.

I plan to stop at Maggards this weekend a put together a little sample pack.
I'd like to try Nacets/Gillette Super Blue and Bic Chrome for starters and I'll add a tuck of the Astra SS to the list.
Good choices. Gillette Super Blues are from China and are rare/expensive, Gillette SILVER Blues are Russian and well liked with good availability. Bics are sharp on shave one and even sharper on shave two so start with a tame razor.

I could only find two of them. I have both and I am currently shaving with żiletky.

astra-superior-platinum ss.jpg

While I admit, I have never made a side-by-side comparison, I have not noticed anything wrong.
That being said, and while I have both, this is a good time for a test.

Yes, those are the ones I'm talking about. Thanks folks. That is why I'm a little confused. I'm not sure if the same issue is on the Astra SS blades.

Dirty

Reactions: Kix
I have both the Astra SP and SS and use both regularly. I like both just fine, and have bought 100 packs of each in the past. The SS is up there with Gillette 7 o'clock yellows for my favorite shaves and bang-for-buck.

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom