What's new

Astra SP PIF

A 100 blade sleeve of Astra SP blades drop-shipped from Maggard. Closing date is next Wednesday, May 19.

To qualify, say "I'm in!" and give me a winning idea for an anniversary gift later this month for my OL.

It's a milestone anniversary, so suggestions of flowers, candy or jewelry do not count.

I have to top our silver anniversary where I gave her an exercycle.

This one was SUPPOSED to be a river cruise. With covid, we all know how that turned out.

So now what do I do? Any idea men out there?

Generous, but respectfully, not in.

Have you considered taking your bride on a hot air balloon ride followed by a picnic? Alternatively, maybe a weekend in Sonoma Valley would be something you could enjoy.

Nice! Not in, especially since I still have about 85 of those blades.

What my wife would like best is a few days in a small cabin up in the mountains away from everything and everyone. Wifi is needed though.

Not in respectfully....hmmmm how about a helicopter ride? Assuming you both arent scared of heights lol

Respectfully not in, but great PIF and an early Happy Anniversary to you!

My wife likes creative things, so for Mother’s Day (I know that’s a far cry from an anniversary but still, it’s an idea) I set her up a “paint party” with the ladies of the family. A local artist we know provides the supplies, inspiration, and assistance for each participant to make a nice piece of usable wall art. Add a bottle of wine or two to the mix and it’s a posh little event!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I’m not in. How about some Chanel #5?
th-22.jpeg

First, CONGRATULATIONS! :clap: :clap:

I suggest an ‘independent‘ trip rather than a cruise or tour. Our European favorites would be Paris or London, perhaps next spring. If you prefer, you might also consider New York or Hotel del Coronado.

Respectfully not in as I am well stocked for Astras!

A lot of good ideas here. Thanks to all. Not an idea man, I'm about as original as a post. So unoriginal I even married the farmer's daughter. How's that for a cliche?

Have you considered taking your bride on a hot air balloon ride followed by a picnic? Alternatively, maybe a weekend in Sonoma Valley would be something you could enjoy.

Not bad. Hmm...maybe we could do a couple of nights in the Finger Lakes.

hmmmm how about a helicopter ride? Assuming you both arent scared of heights lol

Heights are OK, but motion sickness looms.

My wife likes creative things, so I set her up a “paint party” with the ladies of the family. A local artist we know provides the supplies, inspiration, and assistance for each participant to make a nice piece of usable wall art. Add a bottle of wine or two to the mix and it’s a posh little event!

I'll have to look into this one...

How about a Personalized Hand-Written Love Letter Blanket.
I was considering one of these a couple years ago, but went in another direction.

Another possibility...

I suggest an ‘independent‘ trip rather than a cruise or tour. Our European favorites would be Paris or London, perhaps next spring. If you prefer, you might also consider New York or Hotel del Coronado.
Great idea, and in fact we rescheduled our cruise for next year. It's just that a cruise for your 51st doesn't have quite the same ring to it, so I was looking for something more immediate.

How about a his & her spa day?
Angel perfume and Angel Body Creme smells devine all women like it!
How about some Chanel #5?
Spa days/pedicures are always welcomed.

All worth considering.

I'm in. Probably too late, but I after trying hard for our first two anniversaries, they were lame bombs. We decided that lame anniversaries would be our theme. When living in Ohio, we went to see the butter cow sculpture at the state fair. Lower expectations made for better anniversary celebrations.

Except for one. 2017. My dear wife is from Charlottesville, Virginia. We were married in the UVa chapel. The unspeakable events of that August day in Charlottesville made for a somber and lame 22nd anniversary remembrance.

Great Pif! Respectfully not in. As far as an anniversary idea how about planning a trip to Branson Missouri? A quick google of things to do in Branson comes up with a lot of stuff. You can plan your own itinerary based on her interest and your budget.

Congratulations!!!!!! Respectfully, not in. Someone will be quite happy with 100 Astra blades, very generous, sir.

For a significant milestone birthday for my wife, I commissioned a local jewelry maker to design & make a piece of jewelry. I wanted to let her know she has made the world a better place & is loved by many. I was at first considering a ring but decided instead on a necklace because it seemed there were more design possibilities that a necklace lends itself to.

My wife likes my time, so letting her know she has my undivided time is special too.

Top Bottom