What's new

Astra SP - Czech Republic or Russian Made?

It's made in petersburg. to be clear, gillette/procter and gamble is in the monopol-business and out to destroy everything that is somewhat a competitor to them. so they have bought dozens of former independent blade manufactures just to produce all of these blades in one plant, with one steel, in the same machines. there are several reasons to avoid gillette/procter and gamble products all together (the woke, anti-male commercial jumps to mind) and this is just another one.

Interesting perspective. Didn’t know P&G was still out acquiring other brands. I thought it was just other brands using the same facilities; e.g. Bolzano being made in Italy then Germany then Egypt. I was also under the impression that Astra was always a P&G brand. But after you mentioned I research and you’re right.

What are your top 3 favorite blades?

Interesting perspective. Didn’t know P&G was still out acquiring other brands. I thought it was just other brands using the same facilities; e.g. Bolzano being made in Italy then Germany then Egypt. I was also under the impression that Astra was always a P&G brand. But after you mentioned I research and you’re right.

What are your top 3 favorite blades?

I don't know that they've acquired any more brands since the 90's.

Also, Gilette produce DE blades in their factories in Russia, China, India, Brazil (Brazilian production may have recently ceased) plus sub-contract production of Gillette blades to another company in India.

Just went to Amazon to check them out. I scrolled down and here is what I found:

DetailsAdditional Details​

proxy.php

Made in Italy
This product was wholly produced or has undergone its last substantial transformation in Italy. Discover Made in Italy. Learn more This product was wholly produced or has undergone its last substantial t… Learn more

What???
Yeah, I've seen the same thing.
I really think Amazon should have to tell where each product they sell is made.

Top Bottom