What's new

Astra SP blades from eBay? Thoughts on this listing?

What is the consensus on these blades from eBay? Does it look legit?

200 blades (100 pack x2), for around $14. Item is posted from Istanbul according to the ad.
In the ad it also says "Country/Region of Manufacture: Russian Federation," as well as "Please be careful about fake Astra's, buy from trusted retailer."
The seller has about 13000 stars/rating, and 97,6% positive feedback on his account.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I am just starting this journey, and have heard that there is such a thing as counterfit blades out there. I have heard that Astra SP is a good mid-range blade when it comes to sharpness and smoothness, and am looking to buy 100+ pack of these. I am unable to use Amazon, but am able to buy off eBay for instance.

Any thoughts, insight or personal experience whether these look like they are legit Astra blades or not?
Thank you for any input.

[...]

Oh, welcome to B&B.

Thank you, been looking at quite a few threads here the past few weeks, especially in the SOTD section.

But about the ad; does it seem legit or should I look elsewhere? If elsewhere, can you link to some other ones for instance?
I see that the price has now increased a little (to ~$17) for this ad.

Looking forward to any input from you guys.

I would sample several different blades if you haven't already. 200 blades is a bunch if you don't like them. The price is good. Astra isn't my favorite but the last I checked the cost was about $10 for 100.

What is the consensus on these blades from eBay? Does it look legit?

200 blades (100 pack x2), for around $14. Item is posted from Istanbul according to the ad.
In the ad it also says "Country/Region of Manufacture: Russian Federation," as well as "Please be careful about fake Astra's, buy from trusted retailer."
The seller has about 13000 stars/rating, and 97,6% positive feedback on his account.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I am just starting this journey, and have heard that there is such a thing as counterfit blades out there. I have heard that Astra SP is a good mid-range blade when it comes to sharpness and smoothness, and am looking to buy 100+ pack of these. I am unable to use Amazon, but am able to buy off eBay for instance.

Any thoughts, insight or personal experience whether these look like they are legit Astra blades or not?
Thank you for any input.

Astra are good blades, maybe not exceptional but certainly good enough.
While I prefer the blue ones by a small margin, I also use the green ones from time to time.

If shipping via China made me suspicious, I would spend a few pennies more and buy from an established source closer to home that has a solid (eBay) record.
At the price they are going for, the premium for having ease of mind should be less than the price of a cup of coffee. ☕

Your profile does not mention where you live, but shopping closer to home could also make for quicker shipping times and avoid customs delays and fees.

B.

Last edited:
...Any thoughts, insight or personal experience whether these look like they are legit Astra blades or not?
Thank you for any input.
The pictures you posted and, most likely, the pictures from the online store look like the pictures of "legit" Astra SP blades. No one can guarantee that the blades you will receive are "legit". After all, you are not buying the pictures.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead

They look legit, but of course it's a picture. Looks like more Arabic on the box than on the three I have, but that doesn't mean anything other than it was printed for the market. The price is in line with what I've paid for mine, allowing for a year or two of inflation.

Only one way to find out, of course, and that's to buy them and see what you get. I get mine from Amazon, shipped from either US or Canada.

I'm always a little puzzled why someone would knock off a 17-cent blade when they could be knocking off $1.00 blades like the premium Gillettes. But then I'm not knocking them off so I can't say.

O.H.

I wouldn’t risk it personally. Astra blades can be had for around $10/100 here in US. I wouldn’t trust anything from China being legit…..no disrespect intended. Plus that looks like a stock website picture.

Top Bottom