What's new

Astra platinum new same as old?

I was looking at reviews on Amazon and came across a few reviews that talked about the Lazer etching on the blades and they all said they weren't good. Please chime in. I saw another thread and was a little confused on what the newest ones looked like and if they are any good?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-163541.png
    Screenshot_20211114-163541.png
    689.3 KB · Views: 19
I was looking at reviews on Amazon and came across a few reviews that talked about the Lazer etching on the blades and they all said they weren't good. Please chime in. I saw another thread and was a little confused on what the newest ones looked like and if they are any good?
Hi Samasourus, funny, when I purchased my first bulk pack of blades a couple years ago I chose Derby's over Astra's due to the same Amazon posts indicating possible counterfeit blades. Eventually did buy a couple of the laser etched Astra SP 100 packs (note that even the tucks have an etched production number on them) and they are great blades. Now a regular part of my rotation with 5 -6 good shaves typically per blade.

Per posts from others P&G changed it's newer production to the laser etching to help prevent counterfeits. Suspect if you get the ink printed blades they may, best case, be older stock that appear to have received good reviews prior to the changeover. Unclear to the extent there is counterfeiting though my sense is there are so many vendors selling the same thing on Amazon that many are stuck with slow moving product with the result that there is a lot of old stock out there. If it helps the blades I purchased in Feb. 2020 were sold directly by Amazon (Amazon.com Services LLC) and both packages were new production laser etched.

Saw some recent posts about ink printed blades as new production though it's unclear if these are new or just old inventory. Seems odd that a manufacturer would invest in laser etching and then go backwards. Low risk here though since both old and new production are well regarded.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I have these not sure where they fit in because the outside packaging paper is different then what I have seen online

Attachments

• PXL_20211115_032952860.jpg
    PXL_20211115_032952860.jpg
    777 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20211115_033011049.jpg
    PXL_20211115_033011049.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom