What's new

Astra Blue Fan

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The SP are cheaper, so that might be part of it.
That's weird. I've mostly seen the SP's more expensive than the SS ones.

I just get a more comfortable post shave feel with the SS. I think it's the coating on the SP?

FarmerTan

Considering that you can purchase both the SP and SS blades for under $10 per 100 pack, I hardly think pricing is the driving factor.
Lol, true, but it seems to me that they were more expensive a few years back.

But I'm old. The cold winds of memory loss are blowing through the tunnels of my brain...

Considering that you can purchase both the SP and SS blades for under $10 per 100 pack, I hardly think pricing is the driving factor.

Well the Swamp Yankee in me likes to pinch a penny. I've had to force myself to spend money on more expensive blades at times because of my thrifty habits. When I realized 100 blades can last me 500-1000 shaves in some cases the cost really shouldn't be the deciding factor.

I like the SS more than the SP so I'll be buying them from now on if I need more Astras.

FarmerTan

Well the Swamp Yankee in me likes to pinch a penny. I've had to force myself to spend money on more expensive blades at times because of my thrifty habits. When I realized 100 blades can last me 500-1000 shaves in some cases the cost really shouldn't be the deciding factor.

I like the SS more than the SP so I'll be buying them from now on if I need more Astras.
I'm half Scotch and half Soda, er, Irish, so I will NEVER waste money. @mrdoug has me set for life with the Astra SS. Just got a fantastic shave from one!

Picked up a few Astra SS as part of a pick a blade pack, loved them, so much more than the Astra Plats!
Nice and sharp for me and lots of shaves per blade. No issues ordering more!
My $.02 worth

Top Bottom