What's new

Astra Blue Fan

Recent I lost my blade stash in an unfortunate occurrence that I won’t go into detail here. It was bad. Sok I have started restocking with some Rapira PL blades, got 200 of them and they are decent enough. I thought I’d revisit the Astra Stainless so I’ve ordered 100 of them. They always gave me a good shave in the past. Sharp and smooth enough I say! I figure I’ll do with less and buy no more other brands for as long as I can hold out. Who here loves and uses the Stainless Astras? Are they your favorite blade? What are your thoughts on them?

The SPs are my go to blade. I've tried the blues and found them be as good, but no better. Not worth the slightly higher price IMHO, but I'm not to picky about blades.

I like the SS much better than the SP! I hear they are the same blade with the difference being the coating on the SP. They are both great blades for me.

My favourite is Astra SP, and I always thought of the Astra SS blades as being merely "okay".
A few nights ago I opened up an Astra SS blade from an early blade sampler and found it to be much better than I remembered. I wonder though, if corking it once before the first use had anything to do with it.
I'm up to 5 shaves on it now, but I'll see if I can get 20. That's my minimum standard.

Recent I lost my blade stash in an unfortunate occurrence that I won’t go into detail here. It was bad. Sok I have started restocking with some Rapira PL blades, got 200 of them and they are decent enough. I thought I’d revisit the Astra Stainless so I’ve ordered 100 of them. They always gave me a good shave in the past. Sharp and smooth enough I say! I figure I’ll do with less and buy no more other brands for as long as I can hold out. Who here loves and uses the Stainless Astras? Are they your favorite blade? What are your thoughts on them?

No, man, I feel you. My Mom came over like three years ago to help with Spring cleaning and the next thing I realize is my Sharks and Astras are nowhere to be found. Thrown out like they was common refuse! Like they was thrown out by some broad who didn't about shaving and stuff.

And she likes Joni Mitchell!

Yeah mine got tossed out by a sister who thought I should use only cartridge razors coz they’re safer. I don’t think so!
Man, I had Personna Med Preps and Gillette Yellows, Nacets, Astra Blues, and Rapiras too. Big loss for me. ... so now I’m rebuilding the stash. But might just use only these for the foreseeable future.

I'm a fan of both Astra blades, honestly. They perform equally well in my razors. My personal favorite are Gillette Black blades, and seem to be the smoothest in performance for me.

Used an SS for yesterday’s shave, 9th use in a Tech. Still cutting really well.... can’t wait for the GSBs to arrive. I know they’ll be better as I’ve read so many positive reviews on them.

Astra SS blades are great out the wrapper, the SP's takes a few shaves to get as good as the SS. I hit 60 face shaves from one Astra SS, could have gotten more.

Top Bottom