What's new

"Assured for Men" $1.25 DE

Ad Astra

The Instigator
When I first posted about this razor I mentioned that if someone needed a handle for a razor then it was a Very inexpensive way to go and also the top cap could be used for a razor with a faulty top cap. Dollar tree also has these....
View attachment 1475383

So now someone could get one of these razors , the B-pure soap and a bowl and the only thing they would need from elsewhere is a decent brush and blades....

They did have a brush, so small and poor I wouldn't even try it for a goof.

Silicone collapsable bowl, though, that's of use. We backpack.

AA

This is a razor that will cut you. :straight:

I put a new Dorco Prime in this "Assured Destruction" razor and took it for a spin. Yikes!

Between the poor / nonexistent blade clamp, and the considerable blade exposure, you get a dangerous, wobbly edge shave.

The massive blade feel of a Gillette OLD, combined with the just wobbly poor clamp sets the stage for a really good cut. Of your skin, not the whiskers. Gingerly, I used the thing and recalled what I thought about the also-crappy blades: this might work in Asia if you have fine, hairlike, wispy facial growth. But a lumberjack or viking type with wire bristles is going to, well, fail painfully with this one. IMO.

That blade rattles. Now it might be saved with a different topcap. I once paired a tuggy R41 with a different topcap and got two better razors for it.

I am so glad I didn't use the blade and razor as they come together - a double date with disaster - again, IMO. Individually, they're just not good. Ironically, I did get a good shave, but it was like flying a plane that has something wrong with it. Not exactly relaxing.

Even worse, this is no beginner's setup. If you don't know how to DE shave - well - you're going to get bit.

Yeah, the heck with this. I'll use the blade again as a goof, but.

Oh! I do like the handle. Reminds me of Gillette Slim Twist, I think.

At any rate, the b-pure soap is good. So be it.

AA

I guess a lot of people just don't feel it's worth taking the chance....even for free with 33 free blades. I'm honestly a bit surprised my PIF has had 76 views but no takers.

I guess a lot of people just don't feel it's worth taking the chance....even for free with 33 free blades. I'm honestly a bit surprised my PIF has had 76 views but no takers.

I like how "winner" is in quotes within your post. :devil:

I like how "winner" is in quotes within your post. :devil:

C'mon @ynggrsshppr all you have to do is post "I'll try it" and YOU could be the "winner" especially since no other brave soul has signed up yet; the odds are in your favor!

But seriously, I am surprised at the lack of interest. I know it ain't much, but it is free.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
C'mon @ynggrsshppr all you have to do is post "I'll try it" and YOU could be the "winner" especially since no other brave soul has signed up yet; the odds are in your favor!

But seriously, I am surprised at the lack of interest. I know it ain't much, but it is free.

🤔 Not in, thanks.

AA

Based on Ad Astra's review and Rosseforp's picture here, I think I have an idea how it will shave. I had a very similar Rimei razor in the past. It was also my first DE razor. The blade exposure was off the charts. I'm amazed I stuck with DE shaving after that :letterk1:

That said, I'll pass on the VERY kind offer. Good luck on finding someone willing to take up the ultimate challenge!

Top Bottom