What's new

Asking Schick to start making Injector Razors again (petition)

I emailed Schick via their website, http://www.schick.com/us/contact-us.shtml asking if they would consider making Injectors for the North American market again. I don't know if it'll do any good, but if everyone on B&B would write asking the same, who knows, they might actually consider it. For those who may not want to invest too much time composing a letter, here's the one I wrote, and feel free to copy and paste it when emailing Schick:

I want to request that Schick begin making Injector Razors again for the North American market. With the rise in popularity of traditional wetshaving, and an increasing interest in injector razors (see the forums of badgerandblade.com and theshaveden.com, among others), making a new Schick Injector razor can be profitable for Schick. I would suggest you base these new Schick Injector razors on the all-metal Type F Injectors (made circa 1940-41) but should also include the Hydro-Magic feature (for easy cleaning of the razor) of the Injectors of the late 1950s and early 1960s.

As the Schick Injector is the perfect compromise and middle ground between modern cart/disposable razors, and traditional safety razors, exhibiting the best of both worlds, with proper promotion, the Schick Injector could be a great seller and money maker for the company again, and you will be able to increase production of the injector blades. Thank you.

I'd be surprised if they even have the machines to make injectors anymore. The capital to get those machines built and running would be a serious commitment. Good luck though!

Great idea! Isn't there a US made injector being planned anyway though?
I was hoping cheap injectors were still being made in China, so I scoured dealxtreme but couldn't find one...

Great idea! Isn't there a US made injector being planned anyway though?
I was hoping cheap injectors were still being made in China, so I scoured dealxtreme but couldn't find one...

I'm curious about this. Do you have anymore info?

I think he's referring to the upcoming HuntLee injector, but that's expected to cost over $100. I would expect an all new Schick Injector to cost between $20 and $30.

I think he's referring to the upcoming HuntLee injector, but that's expected to cost over $100. I would expect an all new Schick Injector to cost between $20 and $30.

Assuming it's well made and stainless steel I would have no problem paying over $100 for one. But it looks from the info that I'll be waiting longer for their regular injector version.

Courageous effort, but there would be little, if any profit involved in making and selling injector razor handles. Repeatedly selling people disposable blades, be it SE/Injector, DE, or Cartridge is how Gillette and Schick made/make their fortunes.

Well this looks promising:

imagine that razor with a UFO or one of those handles from wquiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather Schick remake their Plus Platinum blades in a U.S. factory, then you could use whatever injector you already have. It's the lack of decent sharpness/smoothness (for me) of the Chinese Schicks and other blades that made me put down the injector. The PP's were the key; put those in my N-type or Phil's injector and you've got it all.

Last edited:
Here's the reply I got from Schick:

Thank you for taking the time to email us!

Regretfully, this item has
been discontinued, and our stock is completely depleted. Due to lack of
significant consumer interest, it was no longer feasible for us to continue
manufacturing this product. Nevertheless, your comments will be passed onto our
Marketing Department for future consideration.

Be assured that consumer
comments are most important to us and we appreciate your taking the time to
contact us. If we can be of further assistance, please call 1.888.310.4290.

Thanks!

Ashley Everette
Consumer Affairs
Energizer Personal
Care

Top Bottom