What's new

Asking for soap recommendations

Currently I'm using ARKO and I'm getting fed up with the smell (it also dries often on my face)

I'm looking for a relaxing scent.

Since I dont know what I want, I thought about variety packs,

Would you recommend any of these variety packs? I'm not from the U.S and these are the only variety packs available to me on Amazon.

Viking Revolution​

1643160578399.png

Col. Conk Shave Soap​

1643160611087.png

If you are from Asia, have you thought about ordering from an Australian soap maker? I assume so because anywhere in Europe has lots of choices like Haslinger.

If you can order from Maggards, they have tons of samples that start as low as $1.80, including many of the well known/loved brands. I treated myself to a couple, which lasted quite a few shaves. You might find something relaxing in all those choices.
Their site says "We offer Economy International Shipping Services, USPS International First Class shipping services, and USPS Priority International shipping services."
Have fun!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
On Amazon US, they offer a Chiseled Face soap sampler pack for $20. Can you get that one? I find Chiseled Face to be a quality product.

Sir Beejo, welcome to B&B!

While you search out other soap samples, try using lots more product with your Arko and just a slightly damp brush! Spend some nice moments face lathering, assuming you’re using the stick!

Enjoy the search and good luck!

On Amazon US, they offer a Chiseled Face soap sampler pack for $20. Can you get that one? I find Chiseled Face to be a quality product.
I see as as Currently unavailable, do you see it too? (maybe this product is not shipped to my area)

Yes, I guess that seller doesn't ship worldwide. If you can find someone that sells la toja stick I would recommend it performance wise. IF you can find pre de provence 63 that's a great scent as well. I have only tried col conk lime and its's a nice scent.

Currently I'm using ARKO and I'm getting fed up with the smell (it also dries often on my face)

I'm looking for a relaxing scent.

Since I dont know what I want, I thought about variety packs,

Would you recommend any of these variety packs? I'm not from the U.S and these are the only variety packs available to me on Amazon.

Viking Revolution​

View attachment 1399573

Col. Conk Shave Soap​

View attachment 1399574
Col Conk soaps are good, especially the bay rum. I would stay away from their lime soap. At least I felt it was not as good. Bay rum is very good though. Never tried the Viking soaps.

If you're looking for a "relaxing" scent, what is always advertised as such is lavender. I like the scent, personally. Men's Soap Company makes an outstanding one, and Wet Shaving Products (WSP) makes a real nice one called lavenderwood. It's a mixing of lavender and cedar. Real nice IMO. Both companies products are sold on Amazon.

Another option is a fully scent free soap like Canada Shaving Soap and add your own relaxing fragrances in the form of a candle, some incense, etc.

I've used both Col Conks and Vikings revolution and I bought both off Amazon. They are pretty comparable although different scents. When one puck is getting low I throw another in the cup and put in the microwave for 20 second essentially melting and mixing the two soaps. I've mixed both brands and scents. I would probably get whatever is cheapest at the time or whatever mood I'm in as they are really about the same.

If you can order from Maggards, they have tons of samples that start as low as $1.80, including many of the well known/loved brands. I treated myself to a couple, which lasted quite a few shaves. You might find something relaxing in all those choices.
Their site says "We offer Economy International Shipping Services, USPS International First Class shipping services, and USPS Priority International shipping services."
Have fun!

+1! Samples are a great way to test options!! :thumbup1:

Col Conk is great if you are looking for something around Arko in price but with better choice in scents. I found the bayrum to be very pleasant and its a good all-round performer at its price. Its formulation and ingredients leave much to be desired but its cheap and effective so I can't really fault them for it.

Top Bottom