What's new

"Ask Me About a Fluffernutter..."

Ate many a PB and marshmallow sandwich as a kid in Maine. I liked them much better than PB&J. I hadn't heard the term "Fluffernutter" until I saw the ad on TV; thought it sounded strange. Kool-Aid -- oh yes...

Why would I? 2 Tbs (each) according to the serving sizes listed on my PB and JetPuff. I doubt I even use that much fluff. Admittedly I probably did as a kid.

16134447595448516032372117936575.jpg

Picked up this marshmallow creme at the grocery store today. Found it in the baking isle section.

Plan on having my first fluffernutter sandwich on white bread with crunchy peanut butter this week. 👍

No news probably not good news :(

I just had one yesterday. My available bananas had ripened past sandwich use into banana bread territory so I had to punt. Fluffernutter to the rescue.

So new here this thread popped up :)
57yr old so grew up in the 70s
I remember these quite well ! Hahahahah

brought it up with my kids a few years back and they gave me the confused stink eye look hahahha

I think its like french dip Sandwiches something lost on todays generation :)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
So new here this thread popped up :)
57yr old so grew up in the 70s
I remember these quite well ! Hahahahah

brought it up with my kids a few years back and they gave me the confused stink eye look hahahha

I think its like french dip Sandwiches something lost on todays generation :)
How about a French dip Fluffernutter? Le Fluff au jus!

How about a French dip Fluffernutter? Le Fluff au jus!
Hahaha my brain thought dipping in AuJus yuck and instantly started thinking OH dipping into melted marshmallow or then dipping into chocolate sauce :) ahahaha
I recently quit eating any of this kinda stuff but glad I did when I was a kid :) kinda like Smores mess but so worth trying in life

Owen Bawn

Saturday morning breakfast. A Fluffernutter on Oatnut bread, toasted, a banana, and a large black coffee. Three bites in, washed down with a couple of big gulps of hot black coffee, I suddenly felt the sugar all the way to my fingertips, toes, and even my hair as a sizzling feeling flashed through all the synapses of my brain. Almost like a large whiskey on an empty stomach.

I guess this means I should probably do another one of those early morning fasting blood tests soon... getting old really stinks sometimes.

Owen Bawn

I've almost completely stayed away from most carbs since July, and I've probably lost a couple stone since then. I feel pretty good. I've had Basmati rice a couple times, and baked beans once or twice, but really that's been it. Usually eating once a day. I also haven't touched any candy or dessert in that time. So needless to say, I haven't had my favourite sandwich in quite some time...

But the Fluffernutter season is almost upon us. The Saturday after the first hard frost hits here in southern Ohio will be FLUFFERNUTTER OPENING DAY. Of course I don't know exactly when that first frost will hit, but it should be in the next 3-4 weeks. My first carbs and sugar in months will be a Fluffernutter. I'm prepared for the shock.

Who's with me?

Top Bottom