What's new

"Ask Me About a Fluffernutter..."

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Second childhoods are the best childhoods.
Jaysus... do you really eat haggis out of a tin? I had it once, when I was dragged to one of those Robert Burns Society dinners where everyone dresses to the nines, drinks highland malt, and eats haggis, neeps, and tatties. I filled up on the turnip and spuds. Another time I saw "Haggis Pakora" on the menu of an Indian curry house in Fife, but I wasn't game. Strange that I shy away from it, because I eat black and white puddings all the time.

Owen Bawn

Just the once. It was a 'gift' from friends who had just returned, and presented while RV camping at a dog event. Reading the preparation instructions they all boiled down (heh) to basically "heat and eat." So we wrapped it in foil and fired up the grill. Scotch was involved.
I believe it is illegal to bring haggis into the USA. That's why you never see it in British import shops.

I believe it is illegal to bring haggis into the USA. That's why you never see it in British import shops.
In 2015 Scotland was allowed to start exporting haggis to Canada for the first time in 46 years. Canada lifted a ban on imports of red meat from Europe in 2015 but still does not allow imports of offal.

Anyone that says “if it‘s not Scottish, it’s crap!” clearly hasn’t tried haggis. 🤮

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
It was. I didn’t know about it until now.

As did I have a sad childhood - we had pure sugar treats, sometimes, but ours were called marshmallows, and surprisingly they were sometimes paired with peanut butter ..

As B&B has always spawned ideas as the Great Enabler, I tried to find the canned marshmellow spread at the store here .. couldn't, probably best as there's an extra 5 pounds leftover from the holidays already ..

Wasn't a Fluffernutter a Soprano's line? Chris' mother after he got conned into killing the recently retired crooked cop?

I'll not be looking for Haggis here

Owen Bawn

As did I have a sad childhood - we had pure sugar treats, sometimes, but ours were called marshmallows, and surprisingly they were sometimes paired with peanut butter ..

As B&B has always spawned ideas as the Great Enabler, I tried to find the canned marshmellow spread at the store here .. couldn't, probably best as there's an extra 5 pounds leftover from the holidays already ..

Wasn't a Fluffernutter a Soprano's line? Chris' mother after he got conned into killing the recently retired crooked cop?

I'll not be looking for Haggis here
You're in the Detroit area? Meijers carries the "Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme" variety of marshmallow spread. It works just fine for a Fluffernutter. It doesn't come in a tin or a can, but in a white plastic jar.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
You're in the Detroit area? Meijers carries the "Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme" variety of marshmallow spread. It works just fine for a Fluffernutter. It doesn't come in a tin or a can, but in a white plastic jar.

I looked around the PB&J section of my local groc and nothing jumped out at me. I can search the next time I go to Meijers Shifty Acres .. or maybe my inability to locate it is a Sign ..

Top Bottom