What's new

"Ask Me About a Fluffernutter..."

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Wasn't it a Fluffernutter that Joanne Blundetto offered to Christopher? But that was Jersey?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A few months ago in the Breakfast thread I mentioned that I made a Fluffernutter for breakfast that day- a staple treat from a New England childhood. It's simply peanut butter & marshmallow 'creme' on bread or toast. In New England "Fluff" is the most prominent brand of marshmallow creme, and in the 50s-60s they had a catchy TV ad campaign for the sandwich they christened the "Fluffernutter," although the sandwich itself goes back at least to WWI.

So then some enterprising wiseacre B&B moderator added "Ask me about a Fluffernutter" to my avatar, and believe me I've been asked. DMs, questions in threads, you name it. I kinda like the attention to be honest... So this post will be something to which I can direct the curious when they ask about the Fluffernutter. With resources!

The history of the Fluffernutter

An example of a 1960s Fluffernutter TV advert

Finally... the Fluffernutter on reality TV, as Dorchester's Wahlberg family decides to add the Fluffernutter to the menu at Wahlburgers:
It only means that the mods LOVE YOU!

That's what this worshipper of @KeenDogg tells himself anyway.

Kinda makes sense really. I mean, truly, can you think of ANYONE on B&B that is tired of me yet?

Ha! Thought so!

We did breakfast treat sandwiches in our home like a Chicago-style pizza or hot dog. We would use peanut butter, bacon, honey and banana (apple sauce if you lacked bananas).

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Southerners must eat Fluffernutter too; swear I recently saw a jar at the local Walmart.

PB&J was the staple; you never got Fluffernutter in our house. The food wasn't meant to be enjoyable.

AA

I'm glad this thread was posted. While I have heard about fluffernutter. I really never knew what they were until now. I surely would try one as I love anything with peanut butter in it.

As a kid I would eat PB&J sandwiches almost all the time for lunch. Didn't want no tuna, ham, roast beef, bologna sandwiches. Mom would give me on occasion. I guess she felt I needed a change of pace. But I would let her know about it, when I got home.

Never had a fluffernutter or marshmello cream at all. Saw some on Amazon, added it to my subscribe and save- has been "unavailable" for three months now. Looks like fluffeenutters will have to wait.

Try peanut butter and mustard. It know it sounds weird, but it’s good.

Apparently I'll have to try a peanut butter and mustard in the mean time

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I had a late breakfast this morning. I popped some bread in the toaster, and stared into the cupboard... grabbed the peanut butter and???... I looked at the Fluff, and then went with raisins instead. So I came close, but no Fluffernutter today.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
So what is the most cool on bread to use for making a fluffernutter? I'm guessing white bread is?
Traditionally white bread is used but I haven't had sliced white bread in the house in years. I use whatever I have- usually an oatnut or some kind of whole multigrain bread. In recent years I've toasted my Fluffernutters, but never did so when I was a kid. A couple warm Fluffernutters and a mug of hot cocoa or cold chocolate milk and I'm in comfort food heaven. I've never had a bad Fluffernutter!

I think I remember reading that you never had one. Have you tried one yet?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Traditionally white bread is used but I haven't had sliced white bread in the house in years. I use whatever I have- usually an oatnut or some kind of whole multigrain bread. In recent years I've toasted my Fluffernutters, but never did so when I was a kid. A couple warm Fluffernutters and a mug of hot cocoa or cold chocolate milk and I'm in comfort food heaven. I've never had a bad Fluffernutter!

I think I remember reading that you never had one. Have you tried one yet?
I was raised on 'em. Haven't had one in years. My son still takes one for lunch almost every day. Of course, he's like I was at his age: he can and does eat at least 2 lunches a day and never gains an ounce!

I wish I still had that problem. I miss not seeing my feet from a standing position!

Top Bottom