What's new

ASCO Orange

I’ve been looking for a few blades to fill the void and the ASCO orange have come up on my radar a few times. I’ve read a lot about the Red version not being great, but the most I have read about these Orange pack blades have been listed on SOTD posts, with no real reviews. I haven’t found any negatives and this blade seems to fly under the radar. I understand they come from the Lord factory that manufactures Shark blades, which in my experience have been just okay.

Nacets are my go to blade and I’m either going to order a 1000 of them and be set for life, or someone is going to convince me to move past Russia and into Egypt, or somewhere else.

What say you fellow B&B’ers?

If you're are referring to this one, I did write a review a month or so ago.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Not sure if there’s a difference, but these are the ones I was looking at.

View attachment 1137489

I'm very fond of these blades. For me they deliver at least three good solid shaves per blade. Given that they are normally inexpensive this makes them good value imho.

However if I was choosing a blade as a "go to" blade that was not from Russia I would go for Derby Premium (Turkey) or Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Saloon Pack )(India).

Last edited:
Asco orange Super Stainless and Asco Platinum are not the same blade. The Super Stainless is sharper. The Platinum is a pretty new product. And also do not believe the reports saying that ASCO Super stainless RED is different from ASCO Super Stainless Orange etc. The Super Stainless is sold in 3 colours. Orange, red and blue-red. All 3 are the same blade. I have at least 200 of each colour and have been using all colours in many razors for probably 10 years.

I had them down as a write off, but have been going through my blade stock and giving blades another chance and they redeemed themselves.

I find they cut very well and are very comfy to use. I've just received more in the post today as a result.

Of course YMMV and they are cheap enough, so I'd recommend buying a tuck to try, if you dont like them no harm no foul.

I bought some Asco orange stainless along with several other blades in one order. I only tried a couple of them but I was seriously impressed.

Have to admit these weren't my favorites. Just subtly uncomfortable for me. I may have grabbed a bum blade so I will retry them at some point, but no time soon.

These fall in the “not quite sharp enough” camp for me. Not rough like some blades can be, just not quite sharp enough for a shave where most of my hairs are gone after one pass.

For reference, sharp enough for me is a Gillette Silver Blue, Nacet and Feather, which are all pretty wicked sharp blades.

If I had softer hairs, I could use an ASCO Orange and be content, it’s a good blade.

These fall in the “not quite sharp enough” camp for me. Not rough like some blades can be, just not quite sharp enough for a shave where most of my hairs are gone after one pass.

For reference, sharp enough for me is a Gillette Silver Blue, Nacet and Feather, which are all pretty wicked sharp blades.

If I had softer hairs, I could use an ASCO Orange and be content, it’s a good blade.

Good to know. I have stopped myself from ordering them for this particular reason. Nacets are my main blade. The mildest blade I’ve used is Astra SP. They‘re great on the first shave, but by 2 or 3, I have 5 o’clock shadow by lunch time. I just have this sneaking suspicion that Asco may produce the same results, or worse.

I am thinking of purchasing 100 of those.

My reasoning is that they should be similar to Shark SS, which I love, and I also like the pyramid art, so..

Btw, Asco in Spanish means "disgust" :biggrin1:

Top Bottom