What's new

ASB that makes hairs grow back softer and finer?

Do they work?

As a thick bearded five o'clock shadow guy I've always been temped by these products that stay they can make it all go away. Right now I'm tempted to buy Lab Series Triple Benefit Post Shave Remedy. 4/6 reviews say it works.

http://www.mankind.co.uk/Lab-Series-for-Men-Triple-Benefit-Post-Shave-Remedy-50ml-PRODLAPS8/#reviews

proxy.php

What do you guys think? Worth the £26?

+1 to my chemist friend, there. I rember a similar product called Surgi-stop. I believe most of these types of things get positive reviews because of the placebo effect.

But the question is are you speaking from experience? It is a serious problem if a company as big as Lab series make a false claim about their product.

Quoted from their official website:
(Formerly named "Triple Benefit Post-Shave Remedy")
Helps to relieve and prevent ingrown hairs.
Helps soothe and prevent irritation associated with razor bumps.
Softens and refines beard hair after only 4 weeks of use, for easier, less frequent shaves.
Helps delay the appearance of five o'clock shadow.

I am speaking from experience. I didn't believe it had a shot at working, but it was on clearance so I said what the Hell. Didn't do Jack-Nathan. The product doesn't even really make sense. This is along the same lines as Extenze, Enzyte, and those ridiculous (non-hormonal)pills that claim to make women's breasts bigger. That is to say, it's all snake-oil hokum.

But the question is are you speaking from experience? It is a serious problem if a company as big as Lab series make a false claim about their product.

Quoted from their official website:

A lot of companies make ridiculous claims about their products all the time. They usually have a YMMV disclaimer somewhere. Besides, it only delayed my five o'clock shadow for 17 minutes.

Right, I just wanted to know for sure what the deal was with that.

Now that I think of it, if it really worked then people wouldn't buy any other aftershaves. Nobody wants their beard to be thick and hard to shave. There would also be more of these products on the market too, so far I've seen only two (one of them is from the lots of air under pressure company clinique).

Forget that ****e. If anything, give me something that makes my 5 o clock shadow show up at 11:00am :lol:

I wouldn't want to use this product even if it worked. While I like being clean-shaven now, I've been known to spontaneously grow a beard or 'Stache. I wouldn't want to lose that ability.

That's why I don't understand why any guy would go through electrolosis/laser hair removal/etc. But to each his own.

I wouldn't want to use this product even if it worked. While I like being clean-shaven now, I've been known to spontaneously grow a beard or 'Stache. I wouldn't want to lose that ability.

That's why I don't understand why any guy would go through electrolosis/laser hair removal/etc. But to each his own.

I never used I for my face. Just my arms and legs when I did bodybuilding shows. I'd never give up my ability to grow a sharp, neat Fu-Manchu/goatee combo.

I have some in the original bottle. (shown below before package change) I've been using it for a couple of years now, should start to work any day.

proxy.php

I have some in the original bottle. (shown below before package change) I've been using it for a couple of years now, should start to work any day.

proxy.php

The original Snake Oil there definitely cures deafness. I've been using it for two years now and I still hear fine.

I actually picked up a sample of this a while ago at Sephora. Before buying any of these types of products I ask for samples and they are happy to let you try them. Anyway, I felt the product actually worked to the extent that it kept my face smooth all day long. My girlfriend even commented how my face still felt incredibly smooth for how late in the day it was. Would I buy it again? Probably not. To me it's not a product worth that kind of money. If anything, go to Sephora or somewhere else where they might carry it and get a sample and check it out without shelling out that type of cash.

There is a chemical out there that does make visible hair finer and softer and it does work but on a very limited basis. I forget the name of this chemical but I would think that should be the only keyword "CHEMICAL". Stay away.....far far away.

Top Bottom