What's new

ASB on your forehead?

Although the heat of summer has driven me to put my balms on the back shelf until the Fall, I was wondering if any of you (when using aftershave balm) put it on your whole face as a lotion or just on the areas shaved. I generally follow up my splashes with a lotion w/ a bit of SPF and have been doing the same after my balms. However, it seems redundant with the balms when there's no sun out (no need for SPF) but also seems strange to put my ASB on my forehead.

What do you do?

During cooling weather, I use it on my forehead. My forehead gets dry during this season and balms work as well as face lotion.

I usually put both Proraso Pre/post and my Musgo aftershave not only on the areas where I've shaved, but also on my nose, below my eyes and on my forehead. Feels good, man.

There's nothing magic or special about ASBs that make them ineffective anywhere but on freshly shaved skin, they're just skin care products like any other.

I'm careful on what I put on my forehead because after sweating it runs down into my eyes. I sometimes use a Nivea face Moisterizer and that is no fun when it runs into your eyes let me tell you.

I do. Not always on my forehead, but definitely under and around the eyes. If I notice my forehead looking a little flaky, I will put some balm up there.

I too always place some on my forehead. I have a problem with linear morphea though and I find that I need all the help in keeping my skin supple and a good balm really helps here. For the record, I love Mama Bear's Winter Aftershave.

I usually don't use a balm, but a lotion. I don't think my forehead is as "greasy" with a lotion as it is with a balm.

I'm careful on what I put on my forehead because after sweating it runs down into my eyes. I sometimes use a Nivea face Moisterizer and that is no fun when it runs into your eyes let me tell you.

X2. It gets warm and hot in Southern California. I spend a fair bit of time in Arizona, too. When you sweat and something on your forehead or hair runs into your eyes, you will regret it.

That's why I keep my hair short (needs no styling products) and won't put anything on my forehead. If you really need to moisturize, use something like Eucerin before bed and then wash it off with your morning shower.

You do not want your eyes to sting until you wash your head.

I think ASB on your forehead will do you no harm. For the benefits, I'd use some Facial cream. Of course there is always Nivea Q10 cream that is both ASB and face cream.

Top Bottom