What's new

As Usual, "It's All About Me" ..or at least about TB Man

Here is some interesting information:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070601/ap_on_he_me/tuberculosis_infection;_ylt=A0SOwmWdMWBG4SwBZwpvzwcF

Even though U.S. officials had put Speaker on a warning list, he caught a flight to Montreal and then drove across the U.S. border on May 24 at Champlain, N.Y. A border inspector who checked him disregarded a computer warning to stop Speaker, officials said Thursday.

The unidentified inspector later said the infected man seemed perfectly healthy and that he thought the warning was merely "discretionary," officials briefed on the case told The Associated Press. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the matter is still under investigation.

The inspector ran Speaker's passport through a computer, and a warning — including instructions to hold the traveler, don a protective mask in dealing with him, and telephone health authorities — popped up, officials said. About a minute later, Speaker was instead cleared to continue on his journey, according to officials familiar with the records. The inspector has since been removed from border duty.

Words fail me.

Words fail me.

Seriously. I'm mean, that failure really did not do that much harm, since he just drove to the hospital. But, really. Doesn't say a lot for our border security. I can just imagine another situation. "What? The guy with the 'detain immediately, highly dangerous, probably armed, wanted in 35 countries' when on a killing spree? Really? I thought that was discretionary.... And he seemed nice enough...."

-Mo

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Isn't that what the serial killer's neighbors always say?

He seemed like such a nice boy.

Seriously. I'm mean, that failure really did not do that much harm, since he just drove to the hospital. But, really. Doesn't say a lot for our border security. I can just imagine another situation. "What? The guy with the 'detain immediately, highly dangerous, probably armed, wanted in 35 countries' when on a killing spree? Really? I thought that was discretionary.... And he seemed nice enough...."

-Mo

Sounds like the beginning of the next Michael Crichton novel.

Top Bottom