What's new

As The Dust Begins To Settle....

Well. That was interesting.

For those of you who don't know, I created some videos on wetshaving a couple weeks ago and put them up on YouTube. It enjoyed some modest success and was well-received by the wetshaving community (thanks!) but I was hoping to attract some coverts. Up to yesterday there were about 1200 total views of Part 1, and four subscribers to my YouTube channel.

Then yesterday Alec (Hitmeandilltellu) posted the link to Digg.com, a social-networking site (that, frankly, I never heard of but is obviously popular!). Alec's posting received enough "diggs" to promote it to the main page (it currently stands at about 1500 "diggs").

And then all hell broke loose.

Suddenly, other sites started picking up on it too. Lifehacker...Digital Inspirations...and it even showed up del.icio.us. Then it got enough bandwidth to show up on YouTube's "honors" pages.

The YouTube view count now stands at over 22000 (yes, that's twenty-two thousand) and there are now about 100 subscribers to the channel.

So...huge prop's to Alec for figuring out a way to "get the word out!" It'll be interesting to see how many of those viewers find there way to the wetshaving boards.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my 15 seconds of internet fame. :001_rolle

--Mark

Hi Mark,

what a great job, I've only visited part one right now, but this evening at home, I'll visit 2 and 3 also. I'm really very impressed...:thumbup:

Is there a possibility to download the videos???

Thanks a lot and I think and wish that you'll get a OSCAR therefor.:wink2: :wink2:

Thomas

Hi Mark, can you please post the links to these videos on Youtube? I followed some links from your thread in the videos section but it said the videos have been removed.

Many thanks. :smile:

Iwan said:
Hi Mark, can you please post the links to these videos on Youtube? I followed some links from your thread in the videos section but it said the videos have been removed.
Sure, I combined them all into one YouTube Playlist

--Mark

letterk said:
Do you mention B&B in the video?
Not in Part 1, but if you play the whole playlist the last video is a "quick and dirty" video-only (no narration) list of internet resources. Of course B&B is listed! :smile:

--Mark

Hi Mark,

IMHO, all of your videos have been briliantly done and provide a wealth of knowledge that just cannot be obtained without seeing the act done for youself. Now that the dust is starting to settle, do you anticipate that you will be posting part 4 (DE/Single blade shaving?) any time soon?

Is that you doing the shave and/or the narration? It watched all three this morning and thought it was very well done.

I wonder if Target will get a run on Proraso all of a sudden.... :)

Tinzien said:
I wonder if Target will get a run on Proraso all of a sudden.... :)

I hope so. As long as people keep buying the stuff they will keep stocking it. I just wish they would move it to the shaving section so more people would get a chance to see it.

mantic said:
Not in Part 1, but if you play the whole playlist the last video is a "quick and dirty" video-only (no narration) list of internet resources. Of course B&B is listed! :smile:

--Mark

OH NO! The chances of winning the B&B contest just went from 1 in 200 to about 1 in 10,000!!!

Congrats on getting Digg'd!

Is that a Shaver(oscar) I smell?:biggrin: :biggrin:

Seriously congrats on the success. I have been a few of those hits, diggs, views and liked them quite a bit. Can't wait to see the video of DE shaving and then maybe straight shaving:w00t: . I do hope the kitty makes more apperances!:smile:

_C_ said:
Now that the dust is starting to settle, do you anticipate that you will be posting part 4 (DE/Single blade shaving?) any time soon?
*sigh*...I was hoping to be finished with the DE webisode by now, but I screwed up the white balance on my camera, so I'm going to have to re-shoot most of the raw footage I took. I'm going to shoot to having it up on YouTube by September 8.

--Mark

Excellent job!

Its great that your efforts are being appreciated- as we knew it would. As I have stated before, your videos provide a service and a new way of thinking for those never exposed to wetshaving.

The fact that many will now jump in with both feet, err, face, contributes to the collective as a whole. :wink:

Before long, it may get picked up by the 'networks'- tv, internet,whomever, and then you will be in for longer than 15 minutes. :eek: ( Which will result in you having 'shaving groupies' following you and requesting you ' to do it for them'.) :biggrin:

Congrats!!! :thumbup:

Marty

WOW!! That's great!
All of your videos have been very informative and helpful...so it's cool they're getting out there. I'm looking forward to the DE video.
-Sean

Top Bottom