What's new

AS that smells like Barbasol?

PAA’s Sun Down is to me a dead ringer for the Red Can Gillette Foamy which shouldn’t be a surprise as Sun Down is a clone of Gillette’s Sun Up which I’ve heard was scented the same as Foamy. The PAA Sun Down AS is much too strong and perfumey for me but the soap is pretty magical. It’s powdery and creamy and pretty much the epitome of what shaving cream should smell like.
The only thing i could think snapper is possibly gilette foamy menthol i know its canned but i think its probably close.

The only thing i could think snapper is possibly gilette foamy menthol i know its canned but i think its probably close.
Well that's precisely what I'm trying to avoid. I love the smell of the classic Barbasol from the can, but don't want the bad stuff that comes from the canned foams and goo, so Gillette would be out.

I just got a sample of PAA CaD the other day that at first smell if very similar. Need to give it a go.

Does CAD smell like Fine American Blend?
I can't answer that, but I can say after using the sample of CAD that I got that it does in fact smell like Barbasol original, enough so that I don't need to look any further.

I am interested to hear someone else answer your question though.

The Dollar General Barbasol AS is Barbasol Brisk, which is more like a highly mentholated Skin Bracer scent. It's great and definitely worth having as part of your inexpensive aftershave collection, but I really don't think it smells like the soap. Now the Barbasol Bodywash that is at the Dollar Tree smells like Barbasol Shave Cream (to me). That is only a $1

Does CAD smell like Fine American Blend?

Yes, pretty much identical. Slight, slight differences. I like FAB just a bit more than CaD in terms of scent. I like CaD better in terms of "feel" because it has menthol and alum. That said, I will probably be buying FAB from now on.

Brian.

The Dollar General Barbasol AS is Barbasol Brisk, which is more like a highly mentholated Skin Bracer scent. It's great and definitely worth having as part of your inexpensive aftershave collection, but I really don't think it smells like the soap. Now the Barbasol Bodywash that is at the Dollar Tree smells like Barbasol Shave Cream (to me). That is only a $1
cant beat a dollar deals!

If you are looking for a cologne strength scent then Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, and Paco Rabanne Pour Homme are excellent

If Barbasol would take the time to present the other company with a “CaD”, then what the heck, give us your version of a Barbasol cream scented after shave! The time would seem to be right with the resurgence of old school shaving, not to mention Barbasol’s own old school retooling of their classic can of shave cream. I know I would buy it!

Top Bottom