What's new

As promised, the pics of my first brush restoration (Old Spice).

I couldn't have done it without you guys. What do you think? Any questions? I have to say it was a lot easier than I imagined it would be. It's a messy job, though, and it IS time consuming. I think I'd like to continue doing restores, though. It was a very rewarding experience. Without further ado:

Very nice!! specs?

It's the 22mm x 63mm loft Finest Badger Fan Shape from TGN. I think the final loft ended up somewhere around 50mm, because I had roughly a 13mm deep knot hole. The plug is flush against the base on the inside. I didn't build it up with epoxy, and I didn't bore past the natural bed of the hole. If I misspoke anywhere here, please feel free to correct me.

They do. I think I've come to prefer a fan knot over a bulb. I guess it's the extra surface area that actually connects with your face that did it for me... probably a side effect of my love for Semogue boars.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Excellent job!

That looks absolutely gorgeous.

You couldn't buy a brush like that in a shop for 4 times the money you spent to make this one!

Ain't DIY grand??

:thumbup1:

Lovely David, perfectly executed and gorgeous. I've ordered some boar knots for a couple of restorations and hope I can do as well as you did! And such a great choice for your project, with the matching mug.

- Bill

That is one beautiful brush. That knot looks very functional but is also a lovely aesthetic match for the handle and ferrule. Nicely done and I'm thinking it won't be your last.

Now that I see how nice your OS brush came out, I am upset with myself for tossing mine out about 5 years ago. Never even thought of a re-do on that one.
Now I know better!

Top Bottom