What's new

As of today, I am cartridge-free

Since I started DE wet shaving a couple of months ago, I have continued to use Harry's carts for my headshave. Keeping this non-political, I had switched to Harry's shortly after I was told that I may not be "the best a man can get", but then Harry's also jumped on the bandwagon.

Anyhow, I only head shave once a week, and the carts mow it down easily in a couple passes. I really didn't want to try a week-long growth with a DE razor, nor do I want to shave my head frequently.

Enter the Leaf razor. Got it today, installed three blades and shaved a six-day growth in a couple careful passes. Cleaned up the tight spots around my ears, and the stubborn spots on the nape of my neck with a Hawk V2 and Fearther Pro Guard.

I will admit that the Leaf tugged a bit due to the length of my hair, so I'll probably try a once every four days schedule, but I don't mind. Other than that it was a cart-like autopilot shave, with no blood or irritation at all.

I'm free...and thrilled with the results.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Since I started DE wet shaving a couple of months ago, I have continued to use Harry's carts for my headshave. Keeping this non-political, I had switched to Harry's shortly after I was told that I may not be "the best a man can get", but then Harry's also jumped on the bandwagon.

Anyhow, I only head shave once a week, and the carts mow it down easily in a couple passes. I really didn't want to try a week-long growth with a DE razor, nor do I want to shave my head frequently.

Enter the Leaf razor. Got it today, installed three blades and shaved a six-day growth in a couple careful passes. Cleaned up the tight spots around my ears, and the stubborn spots on the nape of my neck with a Hawk V2 and Fearther Pro Guard.

I will admit that the Leaf tugged a bit due to the length of my hair, so I'll probably try a once every four days schedule, but I don't mind. Other than that it was a cart-like autopilot shave, with no blood or irritation at all.

Congrats,

I was at a birthday party over last weekend... one of the guys is a head shaver so I asked him what he was using... he just switched from cartridges himself to one of the Supply razors. I see them posed here in a lot in SOTD photos etc.

So I have no idea what works best for head shavers, but thought I'd throw that out there for comment.

Congrats,

I was at a birthday party over last weekend... one of the guys is a head shaver so I asked him what he was using... he just switched from cartridges himself to one of the Supply razors. I see them posed here in a lot in SOTD photos etc.

So I have no idea what works best for head shavers, but thought I'd throw that out there for comment.

That Supply razor looks really nice.

One of my attractions to the Leaf was that it accepts DE half-blades. So fresh blades cost me 15 cents instead of a buck each for injector blades. Not a huge deal considering the amount of cash I've spent on DE shaving, but I've got a ton of blades to snap in half. Or I can buy half blades for $5-6 per hundred.

I also thought the pivot on the Leaf would mimic a cart, and it does. You still have to watch your angle (to get it to cut), but by the end of my first shave I was dialed in, and any concern about razor bite was nil.

That Supply razor looks really nice.

One of my attractions to the Leaf was that it accepts DE half-blades. So fresh blades cost me 15 cents instead of a buck each for injector blades. Not a huge deal considering the amount of cash I've spent on DE shaving, but I've got a ton of blades to snap in half. Or I can buy half blades for $5-6 per hundred.

I also thought the pivot on the Leaf would mimic a cart, and it does. You still have to watch your angle (to get it to cut), but by the end of my first shave I was dialed in, and any concern about razor bite was nil.
You are saying exactly what I wanted to hear. I’m deathly afraid to use my DE on my head, due to lack of a line of sight. I want Leaf to do an all stainless/brass/copper version.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

I've read multiple reports now, including your own, where people say that the Leaf razor, is literally one of the best body razors. It probably has something to do with the very fact that its a safe razor, and not so easy to nick or weeper you. Its really good that you found a razor that can shave your head, without having to put so much attention to it.

Good call on not getting a TI95 for your head shaves, cause in my experience, its the complete oppisette of a care free experience, it requires too much attention, for it to be used as a body or head shave razor I think. I am really happy for you, that you found a razor for your head shaves, and to get you off carts. Thank goodness, you have been saved, and brought back to the light!

Congratulations on achieving a true milestone. May your future be paved with more wet shaving riches and experiences, as the months and years go by.

I've read multiple reports now, including your own, where people say that the Leaf razor, is literally one of the best body razors. It probably has something to do with the very fact that its a safe razor, and not so easy to nick or weeper you. Its really good that you found a razor that can shave your head, without having to put so much attention to it.

Good call on not getting a TI95 for your head shaves, cause in my experience, its the complete oppisette of a care free experience, it requires too much attention, for it to be used as a body or head shave razor I think. I am really happy for you, that you found a razor for your head shaves, and to get you off carts. Thank goodness, you have been saved, and brought back to the light!

Congratulations on achieving a true milestone. May your future be paved with more wet shaving riches and experiences, as the months and years go by.
Your post made me smile. 🙂

Yes, I am very pleased to find a non-cartridge razor that allows a care-free head shave. The last thing I need is a razor with an appetite for the skin on my dome.

Top Bottom