What's new

AS-D2 todsy

Why not hold on to it for a month or so and try it a few more time playing with the angle? I almost sold mine after the first two or three uses but then ended up keeping it and it became my daily driver.
I usually just try a couple times and move on. Some razors give me a near perfect shave right off the rip so I don't put time into changing my angle, shaving style, etc..

Hmmm. The AS-D2 is designed for a Feather blade - though I'm certain you'll get good results with Astra or Gillette Silver Blue blades, too.

If you're getting blood, there's a very good chance you're over-shaving an area of your beard, or using too much pressure. Or both. (I'm assuming your setup is good, etc.) You might consider waiting a few days before selling the AS-D2.

I had one and loved it. I'd keep it but I can't justify using a $150 razor everyday with a $9.00 Boar brush and Barbasol. I am using a Feather Popular now but I like the look of the ASD2 more.

I have a negative experience. I sold my Feather AS-D2. I just can't handle this stupid 45 degrees angle. For me it's atrocious to see a beautiful, precise and well built piece with such bad flaws. I can't bear this angle. First of all it's awkward, it tiring to hold and it becomes much worse with this 90 grams weight. AS-D2 is mild and aggressive at the same time. Aggressive because of the fairly large gap and mild because of this angle and blade exposure. I replaced it with a Merkur 37C - very nice 30 degrees razor with great cutting power and small gap. Perfect for sensitive skin and tough whiskers like mine.

AS-D2 is mild and aggressive at the same time. Aggressive because of the fairly large gap and mild because of this angle and blade exposure.
This is an interesting observation and I think you are right in that once you find the correct angle, the razor can be quite aggressive and must used with absolutely no pressure.

Top Bottom